Steps to upload store to Server

Hello all!

I have my CubeCart store working perfectly on my computer. I am using wamp (Apache server), MySql, etc. all thru localhost. I can access CubeCart Admin panel, etc. Everything's just right.

Now I need to move the store onto my webserver. I already have a functioning website but would like to replace it with my store. Here's what I did so far:

1. I did a backup of my db via PhpAdmin (per some excellent tutorials on this forum).

2. I then uploaded all my folders (via Dreamweaver) to http://www.xxxx/STORE on my website.

3. I created a database (with same name as my existing cart db), added my username/password to the db.

4. I imported my CubeCart Db (catalog) into the newly made database. (all the tables show up).

4. I updated the global.inc.php file with root paths, etc (I think this is where I may be messed up).

When I try to access my CubeCart Admin panel (http://www.xxxxxxx/admin) I get MySQL error 1045 access denied (etcetc). I have read all the forum threads in this regard, but nothing I do seems to get past this.

I think that I have incorrectly done this upload etc. Also, are there any files other than global.inc.php

that need to be updated/changed?

Could anyone walk me thru the steps from local computer to website? I must be missing something.

Thanks! I look forward to your help.

Bob

You have covered all the steps (it appears) but you need to get the info in global.inc.php right. For the db error, it is of utmost importance to get the following in there correctly:

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

dbhost is very important, this is often going to be 'localhost' but not always, check your db and ask youir webhost if necessary. database name, username, password are also very important. If all this is correct, you should be able to connect to db.

You have covered all the steps (it appears) but you need to get the info in global.inc.php right. For the db error, it is of utmost importance to get the following in there correctly:

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

dbhost is very important, this is often going to be 'localhost' but not always, check your db and ask youir webhost if necessary. database name, username, password are also very important. If all this is correct, you should be able to connect to db.

Thanks for your quick reply! It seems now I can connect to the DB for I get this error:

MySQL ERROR:

1146: Table 'snowfl2_catalog.CubeCart_config' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT array FROM CubeCart_config WHERE name = 'config'

I see that this table does exist so I unsure what this is about. I will do a search of this forum because it seems I saw something about that in another thread. If that doesn't work, I will return and humbly ask for your kind help once again.

Bob

Well, I went thru all the threads here on the forum dealing with MySQL errors and a few mentioned the 1146 error (CubeCart.config table) not found, etc. But, I could not find any answers on how to fix. The threads seem to just end with "...can anyone help?".

So, I guess that's my plea, also. Anyone know how to get me thru this "glitch".

Thank you all sooo much.

Bob