Download PDF files

Guest Satlooker

Guest Satlooker

I try to make some PDF files available in cubecart but do not succeed.

I have seen the module that you can download without a charge but that is not what I want.

If I have some manual that I upload everybody should be able to download without putting it in the basket first.

Any adea if this is possible

thanks

Jos

Guest Satlooker

Direct link to the pdf file maybe :)

Could you explain a little more. I'm just working with Cubecart and don't heva a clue what you mean.

thanks

There are two free download mods. One requires the "prod" to be added to basket and requires peopole to register in order to download. The other does not require those two things, it causes a download link to simply appear on the page when prod price is zero - no registration, no add to basket. If you have trouble finding and comparing these two free mods, send me a PM and I'd be happy to guide you.

For Vrakas' suggestion, this can be done when adding a product or writing a site document. You will be using the rich text editor in CubeCart (that is the window you type into when adding a product of site document). Adding a link to your PDF file is pretty easy.

1. First you just type a name for the link, example: "download the manual"

2. Next, highlight (select) that text by dragging the cursor

3. Then, click the "link" button inn the editor toolbar, it looks like a chain

4. Now, paste the full URL (web address) to your PDF file, example: http://www.example.com/manual.pdf