any idea on uploads?

Guest kgsmith

Guest kgsmith

I am using filezilla to upload a spreadsheet to my site.. now I need to know how to open the sheet into the site.. how do I do this?

damn, you're right, these same questions were posted yesterday :(

Well, I'm inclined to ignore them because you are spamming with the same questions. Evidently you think it is the way to get a response. When no one answers your questions, try not to take it personally. We are all volunteers in a community here and no one is obligated to answer any questions, and no one appreciates spamming the forums with the same topics posted repeatedly.

This particular question makes no sense. This is a CubeCart forum, not an accounting forum, and I have no idea what you mean about opening a spreadsheet in CubeCart. Please read the list of features in CubeCart, do you see anything there about opening spreadsheets? :)

Guest kgsmith

well,

I dont know what to say.. I asked a question and I didnt get a response.. so I asked again.. I do apologize if that is what you call spamming..

as for the question about did I see any info on spreadsheets in the forums.. ok.. If I had seen the answer to the question I was asking, I would not have asked the question..

what I am trying to do is:

I have a spreadsheet with my inventory on it.. my inventory is all sports cards. I am trying to upload the spreadsheet to my website. I was told that I can do this using filezilla and I am looking for information how to open the spreadsheet once it has been added to the site.

thank you for the advise on the spamming issue, and I will keep it in mind. any other advise is welcome

thank you

keith

damn, you're right, these same questions were posted yesterday :(

Well, I'm inclined to ignore them because you are spamming with the same questions. Evidently you think it is the way to get a response. When no one answers your questions, try not to take it personally. We are all volunteers in a community here and no one is obligated to answer any questions, and no one appreciates spamming the forums with the same topics posted repeatedly.

This particular question makes no sense. This is a CubeCart forum, not an accounting forum, and I have no idea what you mean about opening a spreadsheet in CubeCart. Please read the list of features in CubeCart, do you see anything there about opening spreadsheets? :)

I asked a question and I didnt get a response.. so I asked again.. I do apologize if that is what you call spamming..

It may simply be that you are very young and do not understand how forums work. Otherwise you might see the sense in NOT clogging the forum's web space with multiple questions from one person, as it is already difficult enough to sort through everything here to find useful info without adding to thhe clutter. Also, what if someone responds to yesterdays question and someone else responds to todays, etc. what is the purpoase of having answers to you scattered everywhere instead of in one topic?

Did you read the pinned post, "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" . . . ? It is pinned at the top of this forum.

Thank you for the apology.

as for the question about did I see any info on spreadsheets in the forums.. ok.. If I had seen the answer to the question I was asking, I would not have asked the question..

Please read my question again, I asked if you saw anywhere in the feature list for CubeCart, as listed in features on the main website, that this software can open spreadsheets.

I am trying to upload the spreadsheet to my website. I was told that I can do this using filezilla

I'm sorry, but either you were told wrong or you misunderstood.

I am looking for information how to open the spreadsheet once it has been added to the site.

This is not possible in the manner you intend.

----------------------------------------

Most of this is misunderstanding, we need to communicate clearly.

It is possible to populate the database from a csv file or a tab-delimited file that can be generated by a spreadsheet program. You have to get that information into the database, though. You can't do this through the CubeCqart software at present. To do it, you have to use a MySQL management software, like phpMyAdmin. You need to ask your webhost about this.

Another option is to use a third-party software designed for managing the database for ecommerce by uploading products to CubeCart database. These cannot be promoted at this site, and have to be purchased from third-party providers. There are a couple members here, Saztar and Sir William who know alot about this.

If you are looking for forum posts that can help you to do it yourself, search for terms like "import products" or import csv

Finally, you can learn alot about this by reading in the lengthy pinned post about backing up the store database :)