Using another image format

Guest wendyk

Guest wendyk

My client is an artist and she wants to protect her images. The program she wants to use changes gif's and jpg's to class files. I tried uploading the class file through the image uploader and it said it was not a valid image file. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Guest hardnut33

do you mean so no-one can right click and save the image?

if so there is a mod for this at cubecart.org

Guest wendyk

do you mean so no-one can right click and save the image?

if so there is a mod for this at cubecart.org

The no right click doesn't work. At least for the ones that know they can go into the cache to get the image. It may stop some people, but it is not complete protection.

Guest lordbarron

you will find that it isn't possible online, broswers do not support the file type. You can watermark jpegs, and u can digitally watermark jpegs, but using this filetype to the best of my knowledge will not be supported.

Besides if your selling the images as digital downloads simply don't use a hi-res image in the preview and supply thr class file as the digital download.

the internet generally runs at 72dpi I would doubt very much that if the work is of a quality nature that it would transpose well from a screenshot or any other way of capturing the file.