Language Options for Language Options!

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there

Sorry if this is a very newbie question - but we are based in France and the majority of our clientèle will be French. I have a feeling that it looks a bit weird leaving the Language options (I only have two English and French for now) in English. I'd like to change French to Français (and in the future German to Deutsch etc) as it seems more logical to me. After all if I wanted a site in my mother tongue I'd speak that language and more easily understand the options in that language and not default English.

Can anyone tell me how to edit the lang. options titles as I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone agree that this makes more sense? Maybe it should be included as standard?

Thanks in advance anyway.

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Thanks anyone who was thinking of an answer for me. I ended up searching for Frech in Dreamweaver through the whole site and changes the reference to Francais in the data.js, fcklanguagemangar.js, fr.js,config.inc.php and lang.inc.php. If anyone else wants to do what I have now done you just have to do the same I guess for all the other languages.

If any of the mods could post as to whether I have unnecessarily changed any of these files I would appreciate it. Also if anyone could explain how to make this change upgrade proof that would be the ideal solution.

Finally thanks to Marks Carts for his helpful FAQ tutorials.

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

I think actually, it is lang.inc.php for the language of your choice ;)

Thanks that what I was trying to indicate with the fr/ lang... above - but you make it much clearer - thank you Mark :P