Editing the admininistrative "Add Product Page"

Guest rongrong

Guest rongrong

ok i'm the verge of tearing out my hair...

i hope to create a text field on the add product page (admin side) with the different values corresponding to different ink colours (My friend selling tattoo inks). in this way when he administer his own site he can do it without looking at the boring php codes.

i've ran through cart/admin/products/index.php and went to the mode=new section. tried putting in my php code <input type="text" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['ink_colour'])) echo validHTML($results[0]['ink_colour']); ?>" /> after adding a new row (ink_colour) in my database using phpadmin. not sure if i did it correctly though, forgotten how to configure access tables.

was so frustrated trying to do this da*n thing for few hours already. my error was 'failed to update category' whenever i tried keying 'red' into the field in cart/admin/products/index.php?mode=new page.

argh. any php experts wanna enlighten me?

ok i'm the verge of tearing out my hair...

i hope to create a text field on the add product page (admin side) with the different values corresponding to different ink colours (My friend selling tattoo inks). in this way when he administer his own site he can do it without looking at the boring php codes.

i've ran through cart/admin/products/index.php and went to the mode=new section. tried putting in my php code <input type="text" value="<?php if(isset($results[0]['ink_colour'])) echo validHTML($results[0]['ink_colour']); ?>" /> after adding a new row (ink_colour) in my database using phpadmin. not sure if i did it correctly though, forgotten how to configure access tables.

was so frustrated trying to do this da*n thing for few hours already. my error was 'failed to update category' whenever i tried keying 'red' into the field in cart/admin/products/index.php?mode=new page.

argh. any php experts wanna enlighten me?

find

$record["showFeatured"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['showFeatured']);

insert after

$record["ink_colour"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['ink_colour']);

Good luck

/Goober