what is all this about Affiliate

hey guys, now i know what the meanin Affiliate means but can some one give me a bit more in depath on to what it does with cubecart, as im wondering weatehr to use it on my site or not?

so if some one can give me a breif intro on id be greatfull

Thanks

evo

Affiliate programs let you set up people as affiliates - they direct people to your store and if those people buy something, the affiliate that referred them gets $x from you as a referral fee.

Cubecart has a few affiliate modules built in and there are others out there as well.

Its one of the ways you can boost sales, though naturally you have to pay the affiliates so you lose a little profit. But your hope is that that referred customer will become a repeat customer :)

Just a bit of clarification - CubeCart doesn't actually have any affiliate software - it has integration modules that can work with some 3rd party affiliate softwares and services, such as iDevAffiliate, TradeDoubler, and ClixGalore.

The principle is the online equivalent to having dealers and distributors for your products in the 'real world'. In offline business, a business will sell goods to retailers at a wholesale price, thus giving the retailers a healthy percentage of the sales price. This is normally around 50% of the final sales price. Other businesses will employ salespeople and give them a smaller percentage of the sales price as a commission, usually around 15% or so.

With an affiliate program, you can operate in much the same way as these other businesses. The concept is that you get a smaller percentage of profits from sales you wouldn't have had otherwise. You still get 100% of the profits for any sales you generate yourself.

My site uses an affiliate software called Post Affiliate Pro, and there's a free integration module for it available at the cubecart.org site. You can take a look at my affiliate program description page for an idea of what you can do:

http://www.powerkeyspub.com/index.php?act=...Doc&docId=6

With an affiliate program, you are able to set the referral fee yourself, and that can be a fixed amount or a percentage of the sale. You can also set commissions to be paid for each referral your affiliates send you if you prefer to do that. It's all a matter of what affiliate program software (or 3rd party service) you choose.

Obviously, my preference is for the Post Affiliate Pro software. It has more flexibility than anything else I've seen. You can find out more by going to their site: www.postaffiliatepro.com.