store shows offline message

Guest dinky

Guest dinky

Hi, My first call for help since installing cubecart, I hope someone can help. My shop has been up and running for a couple of months but when I do a 'google' search on my store name the message shown is 'this store currently offline, please visit again soon' This message was removed from my store settings when I went online. I would appreciate any help on fixing this. Thanks in advance. 'dinky' :D

Guest dinky

URL?

Thanks for your attention to this.

The URL is:

If you search for in Google you will find the correct URL but the summary given states that the store is offline. But as you will see, if you then follow the link off Google or just type in the URL, you will go to the store which is very much "Online"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinky

Is the offline page in the root or /shop directory?

The store is no longer offline but it is not in the root directory. it is in the /shop directory

Sounds like the issue is with the information Google has cached in their system. The only thing you can do about that is to wait until Google crawls your site again to update the information.

Guest dinky

Sounds like the issue is with the information Google has cached in their system. The only thing you can do about that is to wait until Google crawls your site again to update the information.

Thanks for the reply :()

What if the site has been recently cached (4 days ago) and it still is coming up with the wrong info (unchanged)??? How do we change what they cache/crawl over??

:)

Guest dinky

Hi, Still in need of some help please

My site has been cached again as previously mentioned and is still showing the message "currently offline etc" although when you click on the heading my shop is there.

Is there anyone who has had this problem before - looking for any suggestions and help :(

Hi,

You need to continue promotion of your store as normal. Google will pick up the change in content and it will be fine.

Change/add your signature for this (and any other forums that allow it) to include your store URL as a link.

If you look at your logs/stats, you'll see that google is continuing to crawl your site, and if you dig deep into your raw logs, you should see GOOGLEBOT hitting some of the pages.

If you've not done so, consider setting up a sitemap. Visit sitemaps.org for a bit more info. There are web-based sitemap generators (free, but you'll have to re-run every time you make a change) or commercial cc sitemap generators (visit one of the 3rd party cc sites for info)

The sitemap will assist google/msn/yahoo to crawl deeper inside your site, and from what I've seen of your store (many products), it will be a big help.

Jason

Guest dinky

Hi,

Thanks muchly for taking the time to help and offer some suggestions it is appreciated.

We will give them a go.

It will probably take me a little while to do as I will need the help of my son-in-law for some of this.

He's much more computer savvy than me.

Cheers

:)