Move HomePage Link

Guest Mrs. B.

Guest Mrs. B.

I'm having an issue here. I can get the "Homepage" link off the Categories box, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the SiteDocs box (where it seems more logical to both the client and I), no matter where I place the same code that I got from the Categories box.

I've added it back into the Categories section so at least it's somewhere for the time being, but if someone could look at the following and explain to me why it's not showing up in the siteDocs box (/where I went wrong?) I would really appreciate it.

categories.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="catsboxTitleRight"><br />Categories</div>

<div class="catsboxContentRight txtCats">

<li class="nav"><a href="index.php" class="txtCats">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<li class="nav"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCats">{DATA.cat_name}</a></li>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale -->

<li class="nav"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId=saleItems" class="txtCats">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></li>

<!-- END: sale -->

</div>

</div>

<div class="catsboxFootLeft">&nbsp;</div>

<!-- END: categories -->

siteDocs.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="docsboxTitleRight"><br />Other Information</div>

<div class="docsboxContentRight txtDocs">

<li class="nav"><a href="index.php" class="txtCats">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<li class="nav"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtSiteDocs txtDocs">{DATA.doc_name}</a></li>

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="docsboxFootLeft">&nbsp;</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

Yes, the problem is that {LANG_HOME} tag is not assigned any meaning in includes/boxes/siteDocs.inc.php. Instead of putting {LANG_HOME} you should simply put Home or Homepage.

On another note, your code looks all wrong. It is invalid, because you have coded list items <li> without any opening or closing list tags <ul> or <ol>

Your vistors browsers may show everything right, or may not . . . a browser will attempt to "insert the <ul> . . . </ul> tags, but your code would never validate.

Guest Mrs. B.

Yes, the problem is that {LANG_HOME} tag is not assigned any meaning in includes/boxes/siteDocs.inc.php. Instead of putting {LANG_HOME} you should simply put Home or Homepage.

On another note, your code looks all wrong. It is invalid, because you have coded list items <li> without any opening or closing list tags <ul> or <ol>

Your vistors browsers may show everything right, or may not . . . a browser will attempt to "insert the <ul> . . . </ul> tags, but your code would never validate.

Yikes, you were right about the code. I had forgotten that I changed that part. Validation is down to 10 errors now, stemming from the original template. Should be able to work those out quickly.

Simply put the link in, eh? Look at that... it worked! :)