Extra tabs and cat/subcat problems in Killer Skin

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there everyone

So far I have managed to solve most of my problems - mainly because I had been the cause of them! However I can't resolve two small problems and I would appreciate your help if you can spare the time.

1. I have added Two extra tabs in the killer skin using Mark Carts FAQ from the pinned board, by adding two blocks of code in the skins/Killer/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl. What I'd like to know is how can I make the extra tabs I have added at the top right (which point to two different site docs) language sensitive?

ie VOS AVIS become YOUR OPINIONS in the english version of the site and QUALITE DE NOS BALLE become BALL GRADING? (I guessed it would be something along the lines of"act=viewCat&catId=VOS AVIS" except it is for a site Doc and NOT a Catagory)

2. In the catagories and sub-catagories pages the cat/sub cat boxes are too small for the cat/subcat images and I am loathed to make the images smaller - where do I define the box and blue background fill sizes?

I am using Killer v.16. I have only really changed one thing in relation to this area of the coding which was to remove the "No products in this catagory" text (as I use the catagories only to house the subcats) using Estelles MOD which I'm guessing I can't link to here - but I can't see how this would have had any affect of the boxes anyway.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for looking

Newbie Jim

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Thank you Marks Carts again! I have solved the problem 2 - cats and subcats problem with your excellent tutorial "Latest Products and Subcatagory fix in CC 3"

Clear and easy - all resized to perfection!

So I am stuck with problem 1 only left to resolve! Any ideas anyone?

What you are asking is not easily answered. The links you added on extra tabs are now hard-coded into the categories.tpl file. In order to have language control, you would have to add this as a special links mod that work through the categories php file and allows editing like the prod desc, site docs and categories does now, for languages. The other language terms would have to be added to the CubeCart_cats_lang table in db and used just like te current category titles are used.

This is off the top of my head . . . I am not a php coder, I have learned a little from messing with CubeCart and the few minor mods I have made are usually made to work with CubeCart languages. It can be done using the built-in CubeCart language support. But this is a different enterprise from offering simple hacks and tweaks like hard-coding extra tabs into the templates.

If you can't figure out how to do this, try requestinng a developer from one of the third-party stores or forums; perhaps someone would have time to take this on.

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

What you are asking is not easily answered. The links you added on extra tabs are now hard-coded into the categories.tpl file. In order to have language control, you would have to add this as a special links mod that work through the categories php file and allows editing like the prod desc, site docs and categories does now, for languages. The other language terms would have to be added to the CubeCart_cats_lang table in db and used just like te current category titles are used.

This is off the top of my head . . . I am not a php coder, I have learned a little from messing with CubeCart and the few minor mods I have made are usually made to work with CubeCart languages. It can be done using the built-in CubeCart language support. But this is a different enterprise from offering simple hacks and tweaks like hard-coding extra tabs into the templates.

If you can't figure out how to do this, try requestinng a developer from one of the third-party stores or forums; perhaps someone would have time to take this on.

Thanks for your comments Mark. I myself am a complete beginner!! Do you think maybe removing these tabs in favour of a box with links would make the idea easier to achieve? I am currently reading your tutorial on boxes - moving and creation of - but haven't worked out whether this would be easier.