removing the cart completly

Guest bikedevil1983

Guest bikedevil1983

Hi there,

a long time ago, when searching the forum, i've seen a post on how to completly remove the cart and sellings, so it can be used as a normal website...

So after searching about one hour now, I was hoping someone can help me out with pointing me in the right direction, because I can't seem to find it.

searched with:

- remove cart

- remove shop

- remove

- delete

-etc.

but nothing yet...

can someone please tell mehow to searche?

any help is appreciated...

Kind regards,

Bikedevil1983

Guest bikedevil1983

almost,

I mean without prices, currency, featured, absolutly nothing...

just a plain website...

any idea's, or is this the closest, and then do the rest by deleting everything?

Guest webicon

There are lots of open-source CMS systems out there that would be better suited to the job of a content managed website (many do have the sameFCkeditor) included.

Just do a Google search for 'open source cms' - there is even a site by the same name that will let you demo all of them before you download.

Isn't using cubecart to produce a plain old website kind of ...overkill?

Guest bikedevil1983

it's just that I have a template wich is great for a normal website, atleast...the website as I preffer it.

it's just that I have a template wich is great for a normal website, atleast...the website as I preffer it.

Hi,

I've recently been using "CMS Made Simple". This uses the same template engine as CC - **and** allows editing of templates/CSS files inside the admin area. Very nice.

Compared to Mambo/Nuke etc, I immediately found it easy to use - kinda like using Zen/OSC, before using CC.

My Partner is using it for her website and agrees its a doddle (I had to find something to get her away from FrontPage & HTML Table Hell)

Jason