HELP!

Guest hairassess

Guest hairassess

:D HI I am new to this. I was wandering if any of you would know if it would be possible to put my tv ad onto my site?

Guest hairassess

Shouldnt be a problem, just hard code it into the global template the same way you would with any html template.

Thank you so much for you help I really appreciate it but I am very new to Cube so it will take me a while to figure out exactly what to do. :(

Guest hairassess

Sorry to be such a dum dum but could you be a little specific for us thick ones for example if I want to add this file where in admin sessions should this html code go? I know you have to use a media player of some sort as well but a little lost on how to do it. I have been trying to find a step by step guide in cubecatrt that can show me how to do it. I had bought my site from Webcity so most of it was done by them, I have only recenlty familiarized myself with websites LOL I am still learning on Frontpage. I am determained! If there is a step by step guide to help me learn to use Cubcart that would be great

Guest firelitsky

It is very easy to add this. I know how it feels to be a beginner and ask all "dumb" questions and no one really want to help.

Anyways lets say you want to put a video on a site document. All you do is add this coding on the admin panel, when you edit the document:

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" name="mediaplayer1" showstatusbar="1" EnableContextMenu="false" autostart="true" width="320" height="310" transparentstart="1" loop="0" controller="true" src="**INSERT VIDEO URL HERE!**"></embed>

center it if you'd like and voila! YOUR DONE!

Guest hairassess

It is very easy to add this. I know how it feels to be a beginner and ask all "dumb" questions and no one really want to help.

Anyways lets say you want to put a video on a site document. All you do is add this coding on the admin panel, when you edit the document:

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" name="mediaplayer1" showstatusbar="1" EnableContextMenu="false" autostart="true" width="320" height="310" transparentstart="1" loop="0" controller="true" src="**INSERT VIDEO URL HERE!**"></embed>

Thank you so much you sound like a nice person :(

Guest hairassess

Thank you so much you sound like a nice person :( I sitll cant do it I went to homepage where I want to add a click here button, but when I add the file which is hairaaess30recut which is saved a a media player file in my docs. It asks to add the url so will I need to upload this to somewhere? The only thing I have on here is where to upload images and even that is playing up today!

[/quote

Guest hairassess

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THIS FORUM IS A GREAT SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. IT IS SO EASY TO GET SCARED OFF WHEN USING COMMERCE SITE AND WEBSITES AT THAT! THEY CAN BE COMPLICATED. MY FILE MANAGER IS IS CUBECART ADMINISTRATION IT IS AN IMAGE FILE MANAGER WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD TO THERE IT SAYS I HAVE GONE OVER ALLOWED SIZE? THIS TO ME SOUNDS LIKE THE CORRECT PLACE TO UPLOAD THE FILE TO AS THIS IS WHERE ALL MY OTHER FILES HAVE BEEN UPLOADED TO.

Have you heard of YouTube?

I do understand all the coding behind embedding windows media player, etc. etc. but to be honest, the easiest way for you to do this in a user friendly manner would be to learn how to upload your video files to YouTube.com

Open an account there and upload your videos there. You can then play them on the web, link to them from anywhere, and they will provide a custom embed code for each of your videos, so that you can just paste it into CubeCart.

Check out this CubeCart store in development, it is not finished but it does have YouTube videos on the site. Look for bowling balls that have a little video icon, and click it . . .

http://www.allstarbowling.com/devStore/