New store

Hey guys well i think i have finished doing my site, All i need to do is add the 2500 products to it, so i have made a start but a long way to go :sleep:

www.pleasureszone.com.

Please give any feed back on what is wrong or i can do to make it better. any critisism is welcome as most of u know i am/was new to cube cart, im slowly finding my way around it.

Thanks

AND BE WARNED ADULT CONTENT :DDDDDDDDDD :D:D :(

Nice site. A few suggestions though...

1. Add a link in the forum to return to the store... might help with sales, but also makes for better and more userfriendly navigation.

2. Make the site documents text standard size unless to emphasise something (like ID 5), don't increase the text size like you have on ID 7. There is not need on ID 7. There is also no need to centralise the text on that page, as it makes the text harder to read as we naturally read left to right, not just off left center to the right somewhere :D

3. The top menu hover grey colour effect clashes with the red, and includes the seperator bar which looks odd.

4. On the cart pages, in FireFox the Information Pages side box appears below the left column, rather than in it.

5. The font size on the scrolling popular products looks unformated with reference to the font size.

Just my 2c, looks good otherwise. :(

hey there

thanks for input. i will add that that link back from forum 2 shop

as for the rest please can u explain as i had some help from some one setting it all thanks

Generally good design, but you may want to reconsider the 187 px height of your banner. Allowing for the space taken up by users' common browser settings with tools bars above, status bars below, etc, those 187px become about 40% of a 600 px high display.

This may be a good opportunity to address an old question, "Yes, size does matter." But this is an exceptional case where bigger is not better.

When you consider that the banner appears on every page, I think it's reasonable to ask, what good effect can that height have on a user's experience? What do you think happens by the time a user has clicked through ten pages and had to scroll down on every one, just to avoid being told what web site is being displayed?

A 60 px banner could be devised that would offer the same information in a less obtrusive way, without negative consequences on sales.

Finally, a huge banner is about your store. Keep in mind that an effective web site is not about your store. It is about the customers and making it easy for them to see and buy your goods.

Hope that helps . . .

Hi,

Doesn't PayPal close accounts on stores selling Adult gear?

I'm asking as I was close to doing one a while ago, but reading their Mature AUP, its a no-no:

"You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of, or receipt of donations for, any obscene or sexually oriented goods or services."

If you've not cleared your store through PayPal, make sure you don't annoy any customers...

Jason

ok,

this is what it says but il email then and ask

Mature Audiences Policy

You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of, or receipt of donations for, any obscene or sexually oriented goods or services.

In determining what goods or services are prohibited under the Mature Audiences Policy, PayPal will consider some or all of the following factors:

* Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct.

* Representations or descriptions of intercourse, masturbation, excretory functions, or lewd exhibition of the genitals.

* Dominant theme of the material or website.

* Literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

* Safety and protection of its customers, both buyers and sellers.

* Medical or educational usage of the product or service.

Any sexually oriented goods or services involving minors, or made to appear to involve minors, will automatically be treated as violations of the Mature Audiences Policy.

PayPal will not include sexual preferences or viewpoints as a factor in determining what goods or services are prohibited under the Mature Audiences Policy.

ok,

thanks i will look into this, didnt realise, but if they do, how else can i take payment

thanks

I think Jason is right. There are plenty of other payment processors out there... take a look in your Admin > Gateway page for a starting point. Best to contact them and ask, or take a look at each ones terms and conditions.

Failing that, I'm sure someone 'in the know' will reply here :)

I just thought it should be pointed out. Not many people read the small print.

The other store is probably not aware either.

Just be aware that if PayPal find out, and don't approve, they can close your account.

If not - I'm afraid there are not many low costs options for taking payment for adult gear (short of Cheque/PO etc).

Jason

Guest pshawny

In the United States you can use paypal to sell adult merchandise as long as you are selling physical things like dvds, sex toys, magazines, etc. You cannot use paypal to sell digital items or memberships.

Here is the whole paypal mature audiences policy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PayPal will process payments for the purchase and sale of certain sexually oriented physical goods but currently does not allow transactions for sexually oriented digital goods. PayPal also currently does not allow transactions for any sexually oriented physical or digital goods by non-U.S. residents.

Physical Goods

PayPal permits transactions for certain sexually oriented physical goods by U.S. residents. Physical goods include videos, DVDs, magazines or other tangible products physically delivered to the customer. In determining what physical goods are permitted or prohibited, PayPal may consider some or all of the following factors:

* Any regulations or restrictions on the purchase or sale of the good in the applicable jurisdiction.

* The classification of the good by a recognized ratings board.

* Whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct.

* Representations or descriptions of intercourse, masturbation, excretory functions, or lewd exhibition of the genitals.

* Dominant theme of the material or website.

* Literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

* Safety and protection of its customers, both buyers and sellers.

* Medical or educational usage of the product or service.

Digital Goods

PayPal prohibits transactions for all sexually oriented digital goods. Digital goods include downloaded pictures or videos, subscriptions to websites, or other content delivered through a digital medium.

Other Prohibited Goods and Services

Notwithstanding the requirements and factors described above, PayPal prohibits transactions for the following goods or services:

* Any sexually oriented goods or services involving minors, or made to appear to involve minors.

* Any services for which the purpose is to facilitate meetings for sexually oriented activities.

PayPal will not include sexual preferences or viewpoints as a factor in determining what goods or services are prohibited under the Mature Audiences Policy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the link to the policy on paypal's website...

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...e&ed=mature

pshawny: The UK Policy is different;

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...e&ed=mature

I'm not too sure why - I was always under the impression they shyed away from Adult stuff because of fraud.

If the OP does find PayPal are ok, or find a different Payment procesor, it would be interesting if he could post back.

I gave up a while ago- my business bank wanted stupid (7% +£200 setup) commission rates for a merchant account (this was without telling them what I'd be selling). The setup fee was acceptable though.

Jason

Guest pshawny

pshawny: The UK Policy is different;

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...e&ed=mature

I'm not too sure why - I was always under the impression they shyed away from Adult stuff because of fraud.

If the OP does find PayPal are ok, or find a different Payment procesor, it would be interesting if he could post back.

I gave up a while ago- my business bank wanted stupid (7% +£200 setup) commission rates for a merchant account (this was without telling them what I'd be selling). The setup fee was acceptable though.

Jason

I use the manual credit card mod along with Propay to process credit cards on one of my sites. It works good for this kind of situation. It costs pretty much the same as paypal + $35/year.

2. Make the site documents text standard size unless to emphasise something (like ID 5), don't increase the text size like you have on ID 7. There is not need on ID 7. There is also no need to centralise the text on that page, as it makes the text harder to read as we naturally read left to right, not just off left center to the right somewhere ;)

3. The top menu hover grey colour effect clashes with the red, and includes the seperator bar which looks odd.

4. On the cart pages, in FireFox the Information Pages side box appears below the left column, rather than in it.

5. The font size on the scrolling popular products looks unformated with reference to the font size.

Just my 2c, looks good otherwise. :sourcerer:

numbers 3( not sure how to change), ,4 and 5 i am unsure on what you mean

as on 2 what do u emean by id7

thanks

(the noob :D)

2. Make the site documents text standard size unless to emphasise something (like ID 5), don't increase the text size like you have on ID 7. There is not need on ID 7. There is also no need to centralise the text on that page, as it makes the text harder to read as we naturally read left to right, not just off left center to the right somewhere ;)

thanks

No 2. Every document has a unique number, it's ID. So rather than me saying the page on how best to use your vibrator, I said ID 7. You can see the ID number in the address bar, or in the link on the site documents, or on the Admin Site Documents page.

No 3. Best ask the developer of the skin. The ' | ' menu separator is included in the link html tags, so the separator also highlights when the mouse overs, and the colour can be found by looking in the stylesheet for .topNav a:hover, or something like that.

No 4. Best to install Firefox and check it out.

No 5. The font size to so much bigger than the rest of the site, it looks out of place.

thanks

No 2. Every document has a unique number, it's ID. So rather than me saying the page on how best to use your vibrator, I said ID 7. You can see the ID number in the address bar, or in the link on the site documents, or on the Admin Site Documents page.

No 3. Best ask the developer of the skin. The ' | ' menu separator is included in the link html tags, so the separator also highlights when the mouse overs, and the colour can be found by looking in the stylesheet for .topNav a:hover, or something like that.

No 4. Best to install Firefox and check it out.

No 5. The font size to so much bigger than the rest of the site, it looks out of place.

ok now i get u, yea i use firefox and notce after a while, it loads up how its meant to, not sure how to fix it :D

sorting out the id thing u said and try changing the style of the hover bars,

thanks for feedback

Guest a1cs

Brilliant Site

Thumbs up for a job well done. Fast, Outlines products well, Forum is impressive. Good choice on skin design.

1. Suggestion. You may have to look into adding a Gateway or Doorway page at the start of your site as a warning for site content in case the wrong kind of surfers visit accidently.

Might be worth while adding a Helpdesk facility

But apart from that great site.

tahnks for info, il see if i can add a help desk in there some where, just still needs a lot of work doing to it :huh: as in adding the contents and s**t