PayPal account Limitation

Guest ed2006

Guest ed2006

Hello everyone.

I run mutliple online stores--one of which is a CubeCart store (which I love working with). I'm using PayPal for each different store, and have multiple paypal accounts, but I recently learned that PayPal only allows a limit of 1 Business account and 1 personal account per person.

Does anyone know of a way to use 1 paypal account with Multiple stores with different domains?

What's the best solution for my case in which I have multiple store and need to accept credit cards for each store without limitations to the number of accounts I'm allowed to hold?

2Checkout was nice in that it seemed like it did not have that limitation as to how many accounts an individual could hold. The draw back is that 2Checkout doesn't seem to work with any of the shopping carts with built-in 2Checkout modules including CubeCart.

Any advice?

I have one paypal account for multiple stores. Only thing I cannot do is transfer back to the site they ordered from (at least I haven't figured out how to) so I have my company blog as the link back which also has links to all my stores for cross promotion.

So just depends on what you want to do.

Guest ed2006

I have four paypal accounts and have never had a problem. The only restriction from paypal is that you have a seperate bank account for each paypal account. I get around this by transferring money between the accounts to be able to withdraw it.

Thanks so much for your reply Stevie. Coincidentally, I also have 4 paypal accounts, each of which is linked to a unique checking account. Only for 1 of the paypal accounts have I been doing a good amound of business, and the others remained reatlively inactive until recently when buseinss started to pickup. Paypal has a $500/month withdrawal limit unless you enter your social secuirty number and/or credit card number.

I had one account for which I had alreday entered my ss# thereby lifting the withdrawal limit. When I tried lifting the withdrawal limit of another account with that same SS#, I was given an error stating 1 SS# per account or something to that effect.

Regarding transferring money between the accounts, Doesn't PayPal charge a 2.9% fee with each Txfr?

Thanks again for your insights. Very helpful.

Guest ed2006

I have one paypal account for multiple stores. Only thing I cannot do is transfer back to the site they ordered from (at least I haven't figured out how to) so I have my company blog as the link back which also has links to all my stores for cross promotion.

Thank you Mysty for your reply. What a great workaround you have. Besides the redirect to the company blog with links to other stores, are there any other limitations with respect to checkout within Cube Cart? For example, order status, PayPal IPN, etc?

Guest hardnut33

are you 3.16 designs robsta? ..is it the fix at .org in free downloadable documents?

Im also assming in the fix that where it says

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url'value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php'/>

I change 'storeURL' (including the apostrophe's) to my normal web address...

Guest hardnut33

found it..thank you

but another one i found has 3 lines of code rather than the two..but the code is slightly different to yours

yours covers notify and return but if you add the 3rd line of code it returns you to the store url if you cancel at paypal rather than going to paypals homepage

the difference in the codes is the GLOBALS bit...

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url'value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php'/>

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='http://www.mydomain.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php' />

would you be able to explain what difference the diffences in the code makes (if any)

The difference is the first one has a hardcoded path, where as the other is dynamic and get's the information from a CubeCart variable. The result is the same. I preferred the hardcoded path as I can be sure of the output, however if the mod was to be included in the CubeCart distribution, the variable would be used so it is automated.

On my hard coded version, I have not included the cancelation path as it's not essential.

Guest hardnut33

Thanks Robsta...

I do have one final question though about the hardcoded path:

Do i keep the apostrophes in 'storeURL' and enter my URL like 'http:www.blahblahblah.com'? or just between the [ ] ?

and im assuming i just copy the first part of my IPN address..at the moment it all works fine but i have noticed that it reads http://blahblahblah.com without the www....so i guess i leave the www out of the code too..

all the help and advice is appreciated..

Guest hardnut33

forgive my stupidity but i dont understand that answer?....

one URL is in between ['................'] and the other is set between one set of '.......................' for the whole URL

forgive my stupidity but i dont understand that answer?....

one URL is in between ['................'] and the other is set between one set of '.......................' for the whole URL

These do effectively the same thing, but one uses the global variable, the other uses a hardcoded URL:

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php'/>

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='http://www.mydomain.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php' />

Guest hardnut33

hang on! the penny has just dropped..

['storeURL'] stays as ['storeURL'] and thats a variable, i DONT actually change 'storeURL' to anything!! DOH!!

I will go with your hardcoded version though..

thanks for all the help and being patient trying to explain to a numbnut like me!! lol

Thank you Mysty for your reply. What a great workaround you have. Besides the redirect to the company blog with links to other stores, are there any other limitations with respect to checkout within Cube Cart? For example, order status, PayPal IPN, etc?

I don't use Paypal IPN so not sure about that one, but each store has it's own cubecart installation, so there is no confusion there. I currently have 9 (4 of which are the most active), with another 2 planned in the next few months, and no problems. I just log into each separately for orders, status, etc.