Does this work?

Guest Benchmark Avionics

Guest Benchmark Avionics

Well, I'm not sure how this will work. If your files are not in a public folder, for example, /home/username/downloads/zipfiles.zip, how can you put a link in a public HTML page over to them? Oh, nevermind, I think I have the answer

EXAMPLE: You have a download in three parts, zip1.zip, zip2.zip, zip3.zip

1. Create a folder on root server path, e.g., /home/username/digidownloads/

2. Place all zip files in that folder.

3. Create an HTML page for each group of downloads, in this example theseThreeZips.html which has links for each file, and place in the same directory as the three zip files. Links look like <a href="zip1.zip>File One</a>

4. Use path when adding product like /home/username/digidownloads/theseThreeZips.html

That should work, and keep everything secure

If anyone tries this, please post results. If this works, I'll want to add a section on multiple download files to my tutorial in the downloads area.

This post ended with someone saying they attempted it and it failed. Does this work, or is there another way? I have users on dialup, and I want to give them the option to download in parts.

I'm also looking for a good download manager to recommend to them which will allow them to resume (assuming I have set the dl limits high enough for them).

Thanks

In theory, the digital file could be an html page with links to various zip files. How you would get those links to then work using secure paths I am not sure.

If you just put the URL for the html page anyone could post it and it will not be secure.

I too would like a modification that allows more files per product for larger downloads. Try requesting this at a cubecart community <_<

Sorry, that does not work. I proposed it, but it was just some brainstorming that went nowhere. The multiple downloads per single purchase need has neve been adequately met to my knowledge as of today's date. There is a similar mod (commercial) for adding downloadable digital options to a product, but it is not the same and doesn't answer the need for many people.

Guest Benchmark Avionics

Sorry, that does not work. I proposed it, but it was just some brainstorming that went nowhere. The multiple downloads per single purchase need has neve been adequately met to my knowledge as of today's date. There is a similar mod (commercial) for adding downloadable digital options to a product, but it is not the same and doesn't answer the need for many people.

No worries. I thought as much. One would have to put the files in an accessible directory, and that would defeat the purpose for most.

I shall just have to roll my own then.

Patrick

Guest groovejuice

It is a problem for certain. I'm currently using zipped folders for multiple files. The issues with this workaround are first that the file sizes can be huge causing failures due to connection speeds or hiccups and secondly that not everyone is savvy enough to easily unzip compressed folders. I have yet to find a suitable self-extracting format that works cross-platform and version.