Firefox vs IE issue!

Guest Inspired Instinct

Guest Inspired Instinct

Hi

Please could someone assist me with an issue I have. I'm new to skinning cubecart & have been working on a site for a client. I managed to insert the website navigation after much trial and error (inserted it inside a table within a <div> assigning CSS values to determine its position.) Feeling proud of myself I decided to give it the once over in IE (I use firefox) and to my horror the positioning was way out covering the logo on the header :errm:

Please could someone help with an alternative solution (which is easy enough for even me to understand) :huh:

I have included screenshots of both firefox & IE

Firefox - desired position

firefox.jpg

IE - completely wrong

IE.jpg

Thanks in advance */*

Inspired

Inspired - I'll assume you are working on a local installation, since you don't provide links to view the site. While your screenshots do show very well what the problem looks like, there is no way for me to view the source code to see if I can spot what is causing it. This could be due to a number of causes.

With no more information, all I could suggest would be to check the height of the topHeader division setting - though I doubt that is actually your problem, it is probably something a little more tricksy.

Good luck :huh:

Guest Inspired Instinct

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply. I can provide the link *thinks uh ohh you'll get to see my novice messy code* :) No laughing please lol

Site link

Thanks

Inspired

You have #topHeader height set to 'height: 190px;' in layout.css

The #topHeader height is actually 237px, which would account for the difference I would think.

On a side note, you're also trying to load stylesheets in the root of the domain, which do not exist...

<link href="../../styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="../../styleSheets/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Guest Inspired Instinct

Hi

I've made the adjustments you advised me of but theres no change on the location. When viewed through IE its still wrong :)

(the local links to the CSS were just a visual aid when working within dreamweaver - now removed)

Inspired

Guest eavenue

Hi,

Had a similiar issue when I first began. You probably already tried this, but I just palyed with the padding and margin in layout; kept going until it adjusted correctly. But I also discovered that IE and Firefox will display sites a bit different ( I've been dealing with this in another post). Can be a pain. That's all I can think of. I also checked the site, but it's offline, so I couldn't see the code.

Sorry I couldn't help more!