To prove I have been working on a site...

We have finally launched our site 5 minutes ago.

There are a few bits and pieces to tweak, particularly around the cart process but we decided to follow 37 Signal's book 'Getting Real' and get something online.

Any comments, problems, suggestions please let me know.

Annual Reports for Plcs

Please note - I am not a graphic designer or have any web design qualifications :) All self taught and I only do it in my spare time.

Guest offthehook

I think you should be pleased with yourself as your site looks very nice. Its simple and looks quite professional.

I have a couple of comments though:

You'll probably wish to look at reformatting the category headers on those pages as a single letter title could easily be missed placed, as they are, on the left hand side.

Also I don't think the adverts for A***** should be on your site at all. Sure you may earn some small revenue but why would anyone want to give an advert to another shop on their own store? Especially when yours is directed at business and the A***** ads are just general advertising. I think it cheapens your site a little.

The 'plc' text you use on your site is all in lowercase and that L looks like an i. The lowercase is probably grammatically correct but it could be an option to be uppercase in your logo to make it clearer.

And finally your site does not appear to be valid HTML. Check here to see the errors so you may attend to them.

Well that was more than a couple, never mind – good luck with your venture.

Thanks for your comments.

I know it's not yet valid HTML - it's something I shall be addressing.

As for the A****n ads. I can understand what you say. The products they are advertising are specific to the content of our site (Stock Market Investment) so customers may have an interest in them. However, I might consider removing it for the meantime.

The 'plc' bit - I see what you mean now in the logo (wasn't sure where you meant). The logo is not fixed and is a temporary measure although will make sure it is legible in the future.

Thanks again for taking time to comment :)

And finally your site does not appear to be valid HTML. Check here to see the errors so you may attend to them.

In respect of the above I've dealt with all issues on the index page except for the following which I don't know how to fix...

Line 267 column 18: document type does not allow element "noscript" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag.

</script><noscript><a href='http://www.annualreportsforplcs.co.uk/ads/adclick.ph

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest offthehook

In respect of the above I've dealt with all issues on the index page except for the following which I don't know how to fix...

Line 267 column 18: document type does not allow element "noscript" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag.

</script><noscript><a href='http://www.annualreportsforplcs.co.uk/ads/adclick.ph

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

Anyone got any ideas?

Try wrapping the <a> tag in a <p> tag.

Guest Brivtech

Why are you "Proving" you were working on a site? Did someone suggest otherwise?

There, that's 2 comments now! My guess is that if people don't comment, they don't have much to say, so you could say their indifference if deafening. B)