Inserting Ebay affiliate links BELOW Latest Products

Guest hanwellboy

Guest hanwellboy

I have found some info regarding this question throughout the forum, but cannot turn it into exactly what I want. I hope someone can help.

I would like to create a box with my Ebay affiliate links inside. This box should be positioned BELOW the Latest Products box, and centered.

Currently I have my Ebay affiliate links pasted into my homepage. Please see link: www.canadiancedar.ca

I would like to know how to insert a box, and how to position the box. Any help would be appreciated.

a new box under the latest product:

put into skin global index.php *i think*

<div class="boxContent">

WHATEVER YOU WANT INSIDE THE BOX

</div>

simple as that

Guest hanwellboy

a new box under the latest product:

put into skin global index.php *i think*

<div class="boxContent">

</div>

simple as that

That seems to work great,but....

How do I center the box on the page? Currently it is right justified.

Sorry, but I just noticed this as well: The Ebay box shows up on all pages. I would like to have it just on the homepage. Unless I can get it below my products and centered on their respective pages.

Guest hanwellboy

Ha! I think I got it! I inserted

<div class="boxContent">

</div>

into styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

Thanks for the start cmc_entertainment

Now I have to figure out how to align the products in my Latest Products box. As you can see Here they are not even in the vertical. As well, I have to shorten the Latest Products box since it seems to encompass the Ebay box.

Any suggestions?

Guest hardnut33

it looks like you have put the ebay box INSIDE the latest products box..rather than below the latest products box. bring the box and contents you coded lower

there is a latest products fix at cubecart.org that will line the latest prods properly

to have it on homepage only i think you should be creating the box and content and inserting it in your styleTemplates/content/index.tpl file..

try inserting all the code for the box and contents and insert it after

<!-- END: latest_prods -->

make sure you back up the files your changing..i normally just copy the whole page of text into notepad before editing ...if anything goes wrong i can just paste the page of code back in again straight away..

Guest hanwellboy

Looks like I got it. Thanks Hardnut, you were right about inserting the code AFTER <!-- END: latest_prods -->

Thanks alot for the help.

Guest hanwellboy

While I'm on the subject I have another question. If you take a look at my site, how do I center the Ebay affiliates box inside the border? I have a gap on the right side, and it doesn't look right. I guess this would apply to the products inside the latest products box as well.

Thanks in advance.

Guest hardnut33

to line up the latest products you need to:

OPEN: skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

FIND:

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px;">

ADD after {VAL_WIDTH}px; and before "> a height value for this division

as in the example

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px; height: 100px;">

the 100 is just an example so try experimenting with it....this advice is thanks to markscart

the ebay list looks ok as far as i can see, but may i ask..and i hope i dont sound stupid, isnt putting your auctions on your website defeating the object of selling on your own site and avoiding the ebay listing fees..your directing them back to the ebay

i hope i aint baffled you but im please to have been of help...thats my first time i think!!

Guest hanwellboy

to line up the latest products you need to:

OPEN: skins/your_skin/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

FIND:

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px;">

ADD after {VAL_WIDTH}px; and before "> a height value for this division

as in the example

<div style="float: left; text-align: center; width: {VAL_WIDTH}px; height: 100px;">

the 100 is just an example so try experimenting with it....this advice is thanks to markscart

the ebay list looks ok as far as i can see, but may i ask..and i hope i dont sound stupid, isnt putting your auctions on your website defeating the object of selling on your own site and avoiding the ebay listing fees..your directing them back to the ebay

i hope i aint baffled you but im please to have been of help...thats my first time i think!!

Thanks for the advice Hardnut.

The Ebay auctions on my site are not mine. I am just showing them as an affiliate. I wanted to show something along the patio/home and garden line, something to complement my site. It's just another way of monetizing my site.