2 Questions: Custom Home Page? Docs in Main & Foot Nav?

Guest robj

Guest robj

I. The idea is simple. When someone goes to www.MYURL.com, I would like a simple 1 column drop page displaying specific info related to my site (eg Sales Items). I have a couple ideas for to accomplish this, but I was hoping someone might have an easier way.

My ideas are: 1. re-write the htaccess to look for a default.php page first which will contain will contain the tpl data I want. (this is a lot of work and would rather not do this). 2. [Edited content]

Please help. This is a more time important question then the next.

II. I there a mod that would allow me to add docs to both the main navigation and the footer nav, while not repeating the links.

Example:

top nav: Home | Products | Service | Who We Are

footer nav: Privacy Policy | About Us | Terms & Conditions

Again, I could hard code a php script to grab query string to display or not display certain links, but I'm hoping there is a more efficient way.

I am new to CC, so please be gentle. Thank for the help in advance.

-rob

For your second question, there is a mod available at .org (cant recall the bame, sorry). Or you can create the site docs and not save them with a name. Now you have a bunch of site docs that are nameless in the admin panel. What you can do is just call them in the correct index and cat.tpl file with the docId number.

I have this on the thetreasurebasket.com link below. Top and bottom links are all site docs.