I just want 2 "BUY" buttons on existing site

Guest Paul_U

Guest Paul_U

I have been putting together a very simple website. There are only 2 products and I have separate pages to describe them. All I want is to make the buy buttons work properly, Installed cubecart but it seems like overkill.

Hi,

CubeCart can be used for much more than a simple 2-product cart.

Using the SiteDocs, you can create new content easliy, without messing about with FTP.

If you ever need to add more products, or options, or want to offer multiple payment systems, CubeCart is a great place to start.

Check out some of the free and commercial skins and mods on the 3rd Party Sites (listed in this forum).

However, if you only every want to sell 2 products (ie no variants. Ever.), it might be easier to use the built-in PayPal/NoChex/Google Payment shopping cart.

This will mean you'll have to build your own site, so any updates will require editing the page, updating links, and FTPing the files up to the server.

You could go down the CMS route which makes management easier-but again, this could be overkill, depending on what you're selling.

I can personally recommend "CMS Made Simple" as a fairly easy to use system - but again, possibly overkill for a rarely changing site of a few pages.

However, if the main aim of your site is to sell your products, CC is a good choice.

Jason