HELP ME PLEASE

Guest leemajors

You'll have to be a bit more specific than that....

Also, your CAPS keys is stuck on. :)

To get help, you need to describe what is happening (or not).

-Error messages?

-Site URL?

-Is it a new install, or upgrade?

If you're doing a new install, and you have CPanel hosting, you can probably use "Fantastico" to install.

If you don't have this feature on your hosting, there are some installation instructions from the download section of this site.

You'll also find the search facility helpful in answering many new questions - they've probably be asked, and answered before.

I hope this is helpful,

Jason

Guest leemajors

You'll have to be a bit more specific than that....

Also, your CAPS keys is stuck on. :)

To get help, you need to describe what is happening (or not).

-Error messages?

-Site URL?

-Is it a new install, or upgrade?

If you're doing a new install, and you have CPanel hosting, you can probably use "Fantastico" to install.

If you don't have this feature on your hosting, there are some installation instructions from the download section of this site.

You'll also find the search facility helpful in answering many new questions - they've probably be asked, and answered before.

I hope this is helpful,

Jason

im lost here

Visit https://www.cubecart.com/build/

This will create two files for you:

1. global.inc.php

2. dump.sql

d. Open includes/global.inc.php and paste in the code created for you. The upload

this over the existing globla.inc.pgp on your server.

i have no globla on my server i followed the insructions to a tee but its different im trying version 3.0.16

i talk to my hosting provider readyhosting and they never heard of globla.inc.pgp

sorry for caps and what is fantastico

Hi,

Ok, a quick look at Readyhosting tells me that they offer Windows hosting.

Installing CC on a Windows server is possible, but can be a bit tricky.

The main problem is that you can't change file/directory permissions via FTP (you can do this on Linux hosting).

CubeCart requires:

PHP and mySQL installed on the server.

Readyhost mention mySQL databases, but not PHP (although I may have missed this from checking out their site)

For a typical install, you'll need to create a mySQL database and note down the username & password.

You'll then ftp the files to the server and run the install script.

The install will need the username & password for the mySQL database, and will then write these values to a file (global.inc.php).

I'm not familar with dump.sql, but its probably a list of database commands to create the tables needed by CC.

I'm an ex-Windows guy, I used to develop Windows web apps. However, I've been using Linux hosting for a few years now and prefer it to Windows.

To be totally honest, unless you really, really need Windows hosting (for ASP, .net etc), then Linux hosting is best for CubeCart (although V4 is supposed to play well with Windows)

Fantasico is a plug-in for cPanel.

cPanel is a hosting control panel (google it). Fantastico provides a list of many web based applications (Cubecart being one) that you can install very quickly. Not FTP, no manual database creation, no install script. Quick and easy :-)

If you have a control panel for your Windows hosting, and can create a mySQL database, and change file/directory permissions, it is possible to run CubeCart.

This difficulty will be the same for most other PHP/mySQL carts, ie Zen and OSc will also have the same problem (if not worse!)

People do get CC running under Windows, and if you find out some more info on your hosting you may get a better answer.

Jason