A couple of beginner questions

Guest fionajean

Guest fionajean

Hello all,

I am new to CC and am not a programmer, I am trialling CC and am practicing modifying the classic template as a learning experience.

I have a couple of questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

a. How can I have 2 rows of products in the latest product category?

b. can I have a different image size than the default thumbnail size and if so, how?

c. having never used a .tpl file before and not really knowing what they are, can I just add an image into a div using normal html, or do I need to use some other type of code? Im a bit vague on this.

Again, any help much appreciated

Regards

fionajean

Guest webicon

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the forums,

a. How can I have 2 rows of products in the latest product category?

Login to Admin > General Settings > Under Styles and Misc You will see number of latest products to show and number of products per row... if you want 6 items then obviously type 6 products to show and 3 per row,

b. can I have a different image size than the default thumbnail size and if so, how?

Yes. Login to Admin > General Settings > Under GD Settings - Thumbnail Size (Note that this pixel size is for the Longest Side only - the software will auto resize all images in proportion).

Similarly the one directly underneath Max Image Size controls the largest size of the large product image...

c. having never used a .tpl file before and not really knowing what they are, can I just add an image into a div using normal html, or do I need to use some other type of code? Im a bit vague on this.

Well it really depends on where you want to add the image!

If it is in a place where an image already exists, chances are it can be edited from within the stylesheet (Found at: skins/{yourskin}/StyleSheets/)

If you want to edit from within the general information pages , product detail or homepage text - this can be done using the Text Editor inside Cubecart Admin. (When you go to edit anything you will see the Editing options...).

If however you do need to edit the file template this can be done by adding html directly to the template files

(Found at: skins/{yourskin}/StyleTemplates/global)

Hope that helps - Have fun!

Sherie