strange Product Option behavior

jerseyjoe

I was not having a Product Option until today. I'm building a restaurant catering operation menu.

The option is "quantity" and the options are

serves 10

serves 20

serves 30

serves 40

I created a product "Greek Salad" and its basic price that serves 10 is. let's say $50.

Then went into Product Options and assigned it the price for each quantity

serves 20 - + 50.00

serves 30 - + 100.00

serves 40 - + 150.00

and clicked "Add Product Option." I did this for each qty - but when I raised my eyes from the keyboard (I'm a heads down typist). The items were not on the list

But when I went into the store and looked at the items, the repetitions are there. For example, Greek Salad now has two options for Serves 10.

However, since they are not on the list on the Product Options page, I can neither delete the duplicates nor edit the original. The product is in the drop down list - but adding only creates yet another duplicate.

Further, I then went to items that I had entered this morning and that had assigned options without any of the above weirdness - and as I edited each, it disappeared from the list.

Have I got a bug, or what?

Any idea what's happening

UPDATE - forget I said anything. But let's leave the issue stand here because surely I'm not the only one who has - or will again - encounter the problem. There are two things that contribute to what I encountered and one of them is within the scope of CC design to address.

1) the admin screen is a higher res screen. I run my displays at 800 by 600 beacuse I design for everyone, not just for those who run 800 by 600. Beside which, anything higher res on my ultralight notebook is so tiny that no one can read text.

2) the list of items with Product Options defaults to 10 lines. \The eleventh item starts a new page. But the fact that the system is adding pages, rather than continuing a list longer than 10 items is obscured by the fact the Page 1 > 2 links are above the top of the screen AND off the screen to the right AND there is no Page 1 > 2 link at the BOTTOM of the list, to indicate what is happening.

I will copy this email to Al in hopes that the issue is addressed in future releases. It probably is unrealistic to ask that the admin panel be more standard-res friendly - even though that is a defendably reasonable request. But at the very least, the Page 1 > 2 indicator could be moved to a more visible position at the left side of the list - at both the top and bottom,, where it can't be missed.

Sheesh . . .