Images don't seem to be sized right

Guest Paul_U

Guest Paul_U

I had this set up before, and the images seemed to work ok, but now I added an extra level of categories and the product images in the subcategory seem to be way too large.

The max image size is set to 350 so they shouldn't take up a whole page.

Here's the store, I'm in the middle of messing with the skins

http://www.psorifade.com/knittex/index.php

Also I noticed that on my home computer (IE 6.0.2) If I click on the Legwarmers category, the photos for the two subcategories are on top of each other. This does not happen on my work computer. I thought my computer at work has an older version of IE but it looks like it's about the same.

your home page image is 357pixels wide by 600pixels tall so its the aspect of it thats made it so big (if you dont know what preserve aspect ratio means then this wont help you)

your settings allow for this image to be uploaded so resize it in photoshop BEFORE you upload it images on the web need to be prepped before being put on a site and their size determined by the image editor and the DPI set to 72

your category images are way too big for your center content area (cat images should be small icons)

yours are 200 and 222 pixels wide in a space (the boxContent class)

thats only 395 pixels wide and has padding and spacing eating up some of that 395pixels do the math...

the category images ARE TOO BIG.... so of course they are going to overlap