how to password protect a cubecart site

Guest tonyg

Guest tonyg

Hi,

I have a customer that sells to retail customers and wants to duplicate their shop for wholesale customer but wants the wholesale site to be password protected.

Does anyone know of a cubecart module for the purpose of password protecting a site. The password requirement is that each customer can sing-up and create an account rather than providing a common password which would be easy with something like Cpanel or similar.

Thanking you in advance

Tony

This can be done in .htaccess - DONT USE CPANEL to password protect directories if you're using the SEO Mod, as Cpanel will overwrite it!

Its only a text file, so you can edit in notepad.

Failing that- make a backup of the existing .htaccess file, disable SEO mod, and then allow cPanel to password protect the directory, then merge the backup and new .htaccess file.

Another method to help would be to consider one of the 3rd party mods. I think there is one that allows different pricing, depending on user (so you could have retail, drop-shippers, trade groups etc)

This will save you having 2 different stores.

Jason

Guest Paul_U

the 3rd party mod you want is this:

http://www.cubecartmodder.com/index.php?ac...b3aaa977ec2c160

(you have to scroll down to see the details)

I just purchassed but haven't yet installed it. It looks like exactly what I need. (Same thing, ability to have retail/wholesale in one one store. When retailers log in (you have to designate them as being in that particular group) then they can see wholesale prices.