Export product details in CSV format

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there

I am wanting to list me stock with some price comparison websites and they require that all the details (fields) be compiled into a CSV file. Does anyone know if this can be done easily out of C panel for instance. I am guessing that with a bit of luck this might be possible in phpmyadmin. Any help would be greatly appreciated - At the moment I am faced with manually inputting the details!

Thanks Jim

Guest webicon

Well probably can be done from PHP my admin...

I simply use the Google base export and rename the headers on the final file.

That seems to work for most of the third party sites that require CSV's - and its easy enough to open the file in Excel and make any additional changes and additions should i need it for the few that require additional info...

I agree, most places (including MSN product search) appear to cater for the Google Product feed without any changes.

When I looked at pricerunner etc, they all could handle Googles Froogle feed (obviously, this was a year or so ago).

I hacked the current (v3) Google Base and made it into a standalone .php file, so I can just hit the file.

(I also use the "brand" field which pulls in the category name - which is close enough for my needs).

CC v4 has catalog export function, which will export for Google and a few other comparison sites.

Jason

Guest webicon

ps. you'll also be happy to know that in the upcoming Cubecart 4 - Shopzilla and shopping.com feeds are provided alongside Google base. :-)

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Thank you webicon and vokf for your replies

I had not noticed the google base icon before! Thank you so much. I do need to add a couple of columns - but that is more do with the organisation of my categories than anything else.

Great stuff and saved me alot of time - both now and in the future.

Very kind - I love this forum - great little community here

Jim