Phone to pay (checkout)

Hi, on checkout I would like to include a third payment option which would be "Phone to Pay by Credit Card", and if selected would simple display a page like the Print Order Form, accept with the shop phone number.

Ive taken a look at the files, though the gateways seem slightly complicated.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards!

Guest webicon

Why not just amend the html for the print orderform - so it prints the order with the phone number at the bottom. Then change the name of the print order form to 'Pay by Phone'....

Would that work?

Hi, apologise in the slow reply (didn't receive email notification).

I could, the only issue is I already use the print order form :sourcerer: so ideally needs to be another small gateway.

Regards!

Hi,

You should be able to clone the Print Order form (change the directory name..) and CC appears to use the directory name to build the reference in the database for the settings.

If the Print Order Form gateway meets your requirements without any code change, you only need to clone the directory (in /admin/modules/gateways AND /modules/gateways) and enable it :-)

I used this method to create a new Gateway, similar to the PayPal one, but for a different company.

I had to do some simple code changes but mainly for visuals.

Jason

Guest offthehook

Why don't you do what I have done with www.gardengiftsdirect.co.uk which is to add an advert box displaying clearly that people can pay by phone instead of going through the online checkout, and displaying the phone number. On Garden Gifts it displays on every page and we did it because a percentage of our customers are older and therefore may be a bit reticent about using an online checkout. It is highly visible and if you don't tell people before they get to the checkout how they can pay you may have already lost their order.

Since we put the advert on there it has been a great success generating additional, useful queries, customer contact as well as sales. Its all about maximising choice for customers.

• 5 months later...
Guest mobiltec

hi, one question, i have to copy all contents of directory "print order from" and after i have to create new directory and paste all contents of "print order from" ?

thanks

• 11 months later...

Hi,

You should be able to clone the Print Order form (change the directory name..) and CC appears to use the directory name to build the reference in the database for the settings.

If the Print Order Form gateway meets your requirements without any code change, you only need to clone the directory (in /admin/modules/gateways AND /modules/gateways) and enable it :-)

I used this method to create a new Gateway, similar to the PayPal one, but for a different company.

I had to do some simple code changes but mainly for visuals.

Jason

Hello... Everyone. This is my first post..

Tryed to do this in CC3.018 but it didn´t work. Got error when checked out during the printform... missing files etc.

Is i possiple if someone could tell me what moore files that need to Cloned or renamed. so that i can use two different printforms.

I want to use the original Print_order_form for Invoice (Faktura in sweden) and one clone of that with a new name C_O_D (Postförskott in Sweden)

Regards: Tommy / Sweden