Better search results and duplicate results

Guest BasicX

Guest BasicX

I'm using 3.0.10. The search doesn't do what I need. Basically I need it to:

a) find items based more on title than description so it doesn't bring up just about everything for every search

:) (most important) We have items whose names can be easily misspelled (health related stuff, some with strange brand names). I need it so, if someone searches with a word like the real one, it will either bring up the items it would have using the real word or at least do what Google does and bring up a "did you mean [this word]?"

As for the duplicate results. We have a lot of products in multiple categories. If we search for one of them it brings it up as many times as it is in a category - if it's in three categories, in search it lists the same item three times. If we put it on sale, it will show multiple times on that page as well. It doesn't look very good.

Can anyone help me with these?

Thanks!

The mis-spelt names should be fixable, but not easily!

There is a php (and mySQL) function called SOUNDEX(), which is kinda what your after (google soundex() for more info)

Best ask in the 3rd party mods forum.

Jason

Guest BasicX

Going to 3rd party mods, I can't find how to ask. Their forum is now read-only. Is there a new place to search for these things?

Thanks!