Almost finished, but a few last questions

Guest fullt

Guest fullt

Hey all-

I've managed to get my store homepage Full Throttle Tees to be almost presentable but I'm stuck on a few things and hope someone can help. I have four questions, but I'll limit it to two for now.

--I've replace the title boxes, but how do I get the gray shading out of the old title boxes? I found this thread http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=10760, but it must be for the Killer skin (I'm using Legend)

--How do I put thumbnail images where the 'latest products' would be? I found a mod at Marks Carts, but is there any other way via the admin panel?

I made the page wider so I know I have to fix the header banner, but does it look okay?

Thanks!

Not sure what youve been doing here ???

You need to open yourskin/ stylesheets/ layout.css,

Find: boxTitleleft. , boxTitleRight; and add the url to the title image you are trying to use (or rename your image to the one already used for the current background).

Then adjust the height and width within this class + I always add background-repeat: none; within the class.

That should sort out the box tops.

But while your in the layout.css you should adjust the bocContent class width aswell (just play about until the middle column is wide enough.

The latest prods are done within admin.

Open your product and make sure you have clicked yes for ''Include in latest products in homepage?.'

In your admin general settings page click yes for 'Show Latest Products on homepage?' and set the amount of products to be shown with 'Number of latest products to show:'

If I understood youcorrectly that should solve the problem

Guest fullt

I'm not sure what I'm doing, either, LOL!! :dizzy:

I changed the homepage to include a sample of tees using graphics instead of the actual shirts (thanks stever), but how can I raise the black 'Welcome' bar to be the same height as the 'Shopping Basket' bar? I tried all sorts of padding options, but it won't budge. I'm also playing around with the bg colors as the white is too much of a contrast with the black/green bars (I think, anyway)

For thr shading issue, I thought I had to change the box titles in the /language/xx/lang.inc.php folder as per this thread:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....c=16538&hl=

so that's what I did. I went to the boxTitleleft. , boxTitleRight; file you posted, but I don't understand how one image link controls all the titles (basket, info, products, etc), so I just made the height and width of the existing titles to a few pixels smaller than my new titles and removed the padding pixels. There's an open spot to the right of the new title bars, but I can live with that. Do you think that will work?

Thanks for the help. It all gets very confusing!

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there fullt

I am no pro but you might want to check the relavance of the fhighlighted code as far as the dead space above Welcome etc:

</div>

<div class="colMid">

<div class="boxContent">

<span class="txtContentTitle"></span>

<br />

<p><font color="#333399" size="3"><font color="#008080"><font size="2"></font></font></font></p>

<p><font color="#333399" size="3"><font color="#008080"><font size="2"></font></font></font></p>

<div><font color="#333399"><font color="#008080" size="2"><input type="image" alt="Welcome!" src="http://www.fullthrottletees.com/store/images/uploads/selectwelcome.jpg"/></font></font></div>

<div><font color="#333399"><font color="#008080" size="2"><font color="#000000">Welcome to the Full Throttle Tees.com, your one-stop shop for a great selection of offroad t-shirts! All our shirts are quality made heavyweight 100% cotton tees. Shipping is flat rate to all parts of the U.S., and</font> <font color="#ff0000">shipping is free if you order 3 or more shirts! </font><font color="#000000">Thanks for stopping by!</font></font></font></div>

Also I really think that image sizing is VERY important for a professional look for a site. I strongly suggest that you resize your images in the homepage using photoshop or similar to the same image size. Tey will line up better and be much more easy on the eye.

Otherwise I think it is a big step forward from the last version - keep at it!

Thanks again for your observations on my site and I am trying to resolve the oversized files in the homepage as we type!

Jim - www.ballesdegolf.fr

ps what are you doing with the big space on the right hand side - its a big block of whiteness at the moment? Also whay are the titles on the homepage ( welcome to, from our etc) all links - and will they eventually link to something?