Can't view or add products

jerseyjoe

I've got a CC3 site with Admin access issues. Until 12 hours ago I had no problems adding products and photos to a site under development.

Now, this morning, I can log into the site's ACP but when I click on either Add Product or View Products, the login prompt comes up again and the ACP menu, except for Admin and Store, is grayed out. I'm able to use al the other menu items with no problem. Products are the only item affected.

I've tried logging out and rebooting but the problem persists.

Anyone see this behavior before? Got a fix?

TIA

UPDATE A FEW MINUTES LATER - This may be a Firefox issue. After posting the above, I logged out of the CC/ACP, closed FF and then rebooted my computer.

But instead of accepting the FF prompt to restore the previous session, I declined and went first to my normal home page. As I started to type in the store URL, instead of accepting the dropdown prompt, I keyed the entire address in.

When the sore came up, I then did the usual login, gave the right answers to the prompt and got a CC/ACP Admin session that is fully functioning, for Products in particular.

Why this worked, I don't know. Anyone else ever see this? I only looked at the first page of bug reports and there is nothing on it there.

Guest webicon

Hi Jerseyjoe,

I've had this problem before in Firefox.

problem I had was to do with where firefox 'helpfully' remembering your username and password - it messes up the whole session thing which prevents you doing anything in admin - it just keeps throwing you back to login - or shows you logged in but not as a superuser (links are greyed out).

I had to keep going to delete history, cookies and passwords etc then closing existing window and opening a new one up.

I found after delting cache, session cookies and passwords it helped to under Tools > options>privacy to tick the box which says to always clear private data on closing firefox and in addition NOT have your site made into your default homepage... Once I did this i could consistently login OK...

Hope that helps - let us know how you get on.

Hi Jerseyjoe,

I've had this problem before in Firefox.

As you can see, whilst you were posting the above, I was determining the same thing and editing my initial message. But thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, it definitely is a FireFox issue that can be resolved by logging out of the CC/ACP and then not accepting the "help" of FF when coming back in.