Missing Inventory

Guest Korndawg9951

Guest Korndawg9951

Hey guys, I hired a database guy to build me a MySql database with over 1500 products on it. I just got done importing these products into the inventory section of the database.

So looking in phpMyAdmin I can see 1728 different products. However when I go to the site or even the View Products link of the admin panel it only shows products 1658-1684 (26 products). I am confused because its in the database but the script on the site isnt pulling the entire database...

Anyone know what needs to be done?

Hi

It sounds as if you have updated your inventory file, but not your catagories file.

I get the same if I upload by importing a csv. file. There is a script that adds the necessary links to the catagories table.

I copy the following:

TRUNCATE TABLE CubeCart_cats_idx;

INSERT INTO CubeCart_cats_idx (productid, cat_id) SELECT productid, cat_id FROM CubeCart_inventory;

into the window that opens by clicking "sql" in the phpmyadmin pages and clicking go.

It does the trick for me. I do, however, have the items appearing in the admin sectiion, but I do put the main catagory ID in the database that I upload.

There is also a free "fixcatcount" script (google for it) which will update the category counts.

When I do a bulk import, my code automatically appends the SQL statements on the prev post, and then I run the fixcatcounts script - all is then ok :-)

Jason

Guest Korndawg9951

Thanks for the help! I fixed it last night, the problem was my database guy didn't know what to put the category id's to, so he just started putting random numbers. They all should have just been the regular 2.

Thanks again!