Here's one for you...

Guest Manic056

Guest Manic056

I've held out buying a full licence key for AGES because I heard 4 would be better. Then I was told by a pal of mine that if you buy V3 fully, that you get the licenced v4 aswell, you don't have to pay again as you register the product to the domain, you dont pay for the versions.

Is this true?

I've been testing V4beta for the last few weeks, and it is much, much better. Many of the common gripes have been taken on board, and there are quite a few new features.

However, the licencing info has not been released. I'd personally hold off until the licencing for V4 is offically announced by Al.

No timescale to releasing V4 has been anounced - they have promised a secuity audit of the code, which will take a while, and I expect there will be documentation to write.

My (uninformed) opinion is that there are many V3 licence holders, and to offer V4 for a free or v.v. cheap price can't really happen (V4 has cost money to develop). I would expect some kind of discount though.

I doubt you'll be able to purchase a licence for at least another month, unless they run out of bugs and already have documentation complete :sourcerer:

Jason

Guest Manic056

I've been testing V4beta for the last few weeks, and it is much, much better. Many of the common gripes have been taken on board, and there are quite a few new features.

However, the licencing info has not been released. I'd personally hold off until the licencing for V4 is offically announced by Al.

No timescale to releasing V4 has been anounced - they have promised a secuity audit of the code, which will take a while, and I expect there will be documentation to write.

My (uninformed) opinion is that there are many V3 licence holders, and to offer V4 for a free or v.v. cheap price can't really happen (V4 has cost money to develop). I would expect some kind of discount though.

I doubt you'll be able to purchase a licence for at least another month, unless they run out of bugs and already have documentation complete :sourcerer:

Jason

Cheers Jason.

I'll hold on and wait a while then.

So what do you personally find so much better in v4?