Viewing Store Offline as Admin

Guest Kevo

Guest Kevo

First of all, I would like to thank the CubeCart team for offering this awesome software. I really like the layout of how all this works. It's great.

However, in setting up my new store, I'm still having issues with viewing the store when logged in as an administrator, but having the store offline. I do have the option turned on to be able to view it offline but it still doesn't work. Actually it's hit or miss, sometimes I can get it to work but most of the time is doesn't and I can't pin point what I do to make it work. Yes, I have looked at the "sticking" or posting on the most asked questions/fixes. I have the lastest version of CubeCart installed and verified all those script changes for the assuming fix for this (the login.php, logout.php, and others). In looking at the forum traffic on this subject, it appears no one is having issues with this but me. Please help!

Am I alone on this?

Again, thanks for offering this awesome script.

-Kevo

I have found that so long as I log into the admin part first, then I have no problems with viewing the store, but if I try to log into the store without having been logged into admin within the last few hours, then I have had problems.

hth

I've experienced the odd issue where the admin session is not present on the frontend while logged into Admin, which is the issue you are describing. The fix is usually as Bek mentions, log out of Admin, close all browser windows to end the existing sessions, then open Admin and login first.

As the previous responses hint at, the problem is not in CC per se. It seems to arise from session handling in the FireFox browser. You don't tell us, but is it a good guess you are using Firefox with open tabs? There are posts elsewhere in this forum that further support that theory.

In a recent post in one of those threads I mention that what worked for me was to avoid FireFox's "offer" to "restore previous session." If I chose the "new session" option, my CC Admin log in works fine.

If I choose the restore option, sometimes - but not always, it's not predictable for any specific circumstances I have recognized - sometimes, logging into the CC Admin results in what I can only describe as neither logged-in nor not logged-in. The Admin CP is open but the log-in prompt persists, the first two items on the ACP menu appear to be functional (but they really are not) and the rest of the ACP is grayed-out.

I have not tried to reproduce this by closing FF with an open CC/ACP session versus not having such a session at closing of FF, but I suspect that may be a factor. I don't think you'll encounter the problem if the previous session did not close a store with an open and active CC/ACP session.

Once it does happen, you can cycle through log-in all you want but you'll not go past that screen.

Then, re-booting the FF browser - or going over to the dark side (IE) the problem goes away.

Good luck . . .

Good luck