after install.. what is the best things to install?

Guest Ricco

Guest Ricco

Hi

I have installed CC but now wonder if I can get some advice from you all about what I should do next.

Having used oscommerce before I can install most things myself but will need to pay for some modules & skins.

Being a uk based cart I am looking for the best modules to install and need to find a few skins to choose from.

The shop is going to be a small local florist, so will need a credit card & delivery module. Delivery will need to allow customers to have free local delivery otherwise default to £3.95. I dont mind if this is done via distance e.g. 5- 10 miles or done by post code... so long as this does not take to much to configure.

Skin will need to be pretty but I do want it to be a light soft skin... any good links?

I see there are modules for shopping basket checking and 'customers also bought' which would be good.

What else would you all suggest I do? I do not mind paying for a few mods. I may have a budget of around £50 if they are fast modules to install or installed as a fee.

ah yeah, and I need a secure ssl certificate! Any good links to best priced, even a test one?

TIA

Hi,

It sounds like you need to check out the 3rd Party resources section of this forum. Lots of skins/mods availiable in both sites.

Some are free, your £50 budget should be ok, but I don't know of a shipping mod that works by postcode.

Obviously, something crude could be done using the first few letters, but it does depend on how far the free shipping area covers

I also run a few UK stores, and have a few fav mods.

Its not really worth removing modules for the sake of a few MB, although I sometimes take out some Payment modules and languages.

Jason

Guest Ricco

I was looking for a few replies here to get a head start when I get home from my 9-5 job. :w00t::homestar:

Does anyone have a link to a few threads that are going to help me with this later?

Even if they are for the best Credit card & delivery mods.

TIA

Ricco

Guest Ricco

We cant provide links to third party mods, its against the forum rules :homestar:

Head over to cubecartforums.org for third party mod discussions.

Ah great thats a help :w00t: thanks