Paypal changing the shipping price

Guest insanemustang

Guest insanemustang

Ok, I know this isn't really a CubeCart issue, but it could be.

I am testing my new CubeCart V 3.0.16

To test it I made a product called "the penny" obviously worth $.01 I only enabled free shipping to be sure the checkout through paypal works correctly.

I get all the way to paypal screen (through the IPN) and the total is $5.01 meaning that somewhere, a $5 shipping&handling fee is being added in.

I can't figure this out for anything so I thought I would come here, I searched but found nothing relating to this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help, or suggestions.

- Brandon

Guest insanemustang

Now it's not adding in a shipping price for my main item at all... although I have a shipping price setup in cube

Guest midwest

Now it's not adding in a shipping price for my main item at all... although I have a shipping price setup in cube

First, You said you disabled all shipping except for FREE. This may be why you are not getting shipping quotes. Make sure the shipping Mod you are using is ENABLED.

Make sure you have a weight entered in CC ADMIN for your test product. I usually use 1 lb.

As far as the mysterious $5 shipping fee, check your Shipping Prefs. in your Paypal Profile.

If you need help with that, Call Paypal's Merchant Tech Support # . They have been very helpful to me in the past. There is a button or check box you need to make sure is checked to override Paypal Shipping.

I am running CC V3.0.15

Hope this helps & Good Luck to you with your store.

midwest :o

Guest insanemustang

No matter what I do, I cannot control the shipping through cube cart.

I have a product on, with a flat rate shipping charge enabled, by the time it gets to paypal, the only cost that paypal wants to collect on is the price of the item, minus any shipping.

Guest insanemustang

Nevermind, got it working properly. Had to mess with the shipping calculations screen in paypal, that's where the override checkmark button is also.

Thank you!

Yes - go for it :-)

You need to ensure the copyright at the bottom of the page is not modified and is readable (no white background with light grey text ect). You also need to ensure the "Powered by CubeCart" is kept in the title bar of the browser.

Many peope modify the skins themself, or use 3rd party skins (free and commercial). You'll find these and other resources in the 3rd Party resources section.

Jason

Guest insanemustang

Thanks. I had modified the style sheet from blues to reds already. Thanks for replying about the image.