MyPHPAdmin

Guest realwebvalues

Guest realwebvalues

I am new to cube cart and PHP. I need to backup my cubecart data. I don't find it in my Jrox cpanel or on cubecart site. Please help.

It *should* in in cPanel. Its used to manage any mySQL database -not just CubeCart. Contact your webhost, who should be able to sort you out.

You can install it yourself - but it will take up some of your space, and to be honest, it should be part of your hosting package.

Jason

Guest realwebvalues

I have a MySQL

[

quote name='realwebvalues' date='Jul 6 2007, 08:43 AM' post='131900']

I am new to cube cart and PHP. I need to backup my cubecart data. I don't find it in my Jrox cpanel or on cubecart site. Please help.

Guest realwebvalues

I did the backup, how do I know if it is good.

I am ready to install cube cart and the option is remove, which is referring to the original install I just backed up.

It *should* in in cPanel. Its used to manage any mySQL database -not just CubeCart. Contact your webhost, who should be able to sort you out.

You can install it yourself - but it will take up some of your space, and to be honest, it should be part of your hosting package.

Jason

I am ready to install cube cart and the option is remove, which is referring to the original install I just backed up.

I'm not sure I entirely know what you mean.

Did you find myPHPAdmin in cPanel, as your original question?

Regarding back-ups, you should be able to back-up your entire account in cPanel- this will store all your emails, mySQL databases and files into 1 compressed file. Its fairly quick and easy.

The back-up you made should have been exported as "SQL", and you should be able to open it in NotePad.

Inside notepad, you'll see lots of "CREATE" and "INSERT" statements, and you may even see some of your products.

Jason

Guest realwebvalues

What prompted me to want to do a backup was that I installed my cubecart via fantastica and it was installed on the root of realwebvalues.com. I should have installed it in a subfolder, ie. realwebvalues.com/shopping/

In order for me to correct this, I backed up the data as per your tutorial, and also exported an excel file.

I am now poised to uninstall the cube cart from the root, then I plan to install cube cart in correct folder and then hopefully I wont have any trouble importing the data in to the new installation.

Any advice?

I'm not sure I entirely know what you mean.

Did you find myPHPAdmin in cPanel, as your original question?

Regarding back-ups, you should be able to back-up your entire account in cPanel- this will store all your emails, mySQL databases and files into 1 compressed file. Its fairly quick and easy.

The back-up you made should have been exported as "SQL", and you should be able to open it in NotePad.

Inside notepad, you'll see lots of "CREATE" and "INSERT" statements, and you may even see some of your products.

Jason

You don't have to uninstall and reinstall to move it to a subdirectory. You simply need to move the files there (can be done via FTP) then change the values in /includes/global.inc.php to reflect the new location. Voila. Done with no changes to your database.

Moving a store has been covered dozens of times on the forums. You shouldn't have any issues. The last thing you want to do is uninstall & reinstall.

;)