Is this possible with Cubecart or a CC Mod?/

Hello, I am designing a clothing store.

The issue that I have ran into is I will be selling Hats, Jackets, Shirts. So the categories will be broken into those clothing types.

The problem comes in when it comes to the product options.

When you choose a product , for the product options you need to be able to choose from 20,000 logos .

So the normal dropdown menu for a product option would not work. Is there anyway I could have the LOGO product option broken down into categories. Like Animals, Nature, Sports and you can choose animals and it shows the logos in that category as pictures.

Is this possible?

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the following.

1. build an iframe into the viewcat template preferable using jquery that way you can open the frame onclick you can use jquery toggle() for this

2. Once clicked it will load a seperate page which has a list of a bunch of logos you can make this staticly.

3. For each logo you make add an onclick() function to insert this into a textbox.

4. Use the product option textbox hack (google it) and have the onclick() event submit the selected logo into the product option.

Thats a rough sketch on how I would do it. But cubecart alone will not do it

I would break down your products by the different logo categories

then when they select a Logo

the options would be for hat or shirt and color

estelle also has a visual product options mod you can look up on the 3rd party forum

with 20,000 logos you got to break it down to manageable categories

By logo and logo types

whether the logo they want is going on a shirt jacket or hat is moot and simply another product option

Hope this helps

I saw the visual product options mod. But would that allow me to break down the logos into different logo categories?

Or would i make each logo category a different product option.

I would break down your products by the different logo categories

then when they select a Logo

the options would be for hat or shirt and color

estelle also has a visual product options mod you can look up on the 3rd party forum

with 20,000 logos you got to break it down to manageable categories

By logo and logo types

whether the logo they want is going on a shirt jacket or hat is moot and simply another product option

Hope this helps

Like I said above your products may be hats jackets and shirts

but with 20,000 logos it might be better to make the logos the products then make the shirt, hats, jackets shirt or jacket color the product options

create logo categories

create a product for each logo with hat jacket and shirt options (as well as size)

Cool, i think I will try your suggestion using the iframe that

Using estelles mod would not be good for this siuation unless your going to modify it to support categories

Oh, yea I guess that does make sense.

But is there a way to have like a product options the shirts, hats, jackets, etc.

then also have another option for the color?

Like I said above your products may be hats jackets and shirts

but with 20,000 logos it might be better to make the logos the products then make the shirt, hats, jackets shirt or jacket color the product options

create logo categories

create a product for each logo with hat jacket and shirt options (as well as size)