Has anyone used an "All-in-One" solution before?

The first thing I want to say is that there's no way that any so-called "All-in-One" solution I've seen even begins to compare with CubeCart, although I have to say that the CONCEPT is appealing.

I'm starting a new site to sell web scripts and ebooks, and I've come across things like the 2.96 version of QuickPayPro (Perl script) and Merchant Trac (PHP script). I've also seen some called 1MerchantCart and eCommerceAutomation, which are both PHP scripts and for all I know could be rehashed Merchant Trac copies.

I'm curious to find out if anyone here has ever used such scripts and what your experience with them had been? Most of the reports that I'm getting are that they were buggy and limited.

What is really attracting my attention here is that they offer the ability to add a customer to a different autoresponder depending on what products they buy, and that affiliate commissions can be set on a per-product level. With many of these scripts, they also focus on the ability to sell hosted services to others (like 1ShoppingCart), which is very attractive.

I do have another question, as a feature request, and that is if CubeCart could be extended to include the affiliate and autoresponder features? For reference, an autoresponder in this case means a pre-programmed series of messages that go out to a subscriber with no adminstrator intervention.

I can provide 'sample code' that could be used as a guide to adding such features if anyone is interested.