Uploading images

Guest chrisyt

Guest chrisyt

I have searched for my problem but the only relevant feedback is gd related. GD is installed on my Linux server.

When I try and upload an image through the CC admin page, I get this message popup:

Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in

/home/fhlinux166/c/mydomain.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/functions.inc.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/fhlinux166/c/mydomain.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/functions.inc.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/fhlinux166/c/mydomain.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/classes/db.inc.php on line 48

I contacted Fasthosts (my hosting company) lastnight and they replied:

" Thank you for your email regarding PHP.

I can confirm that GD Support is enabled on your server.

Undefined Index errors are usually caused when a variable in the code is not declared. This will happen as register globals

is turned off in PHP on your server.

"PHP register globals" - http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/knowledge-base/?article_id=473

You will need to contact the provider of your scripts for assistance in resolving the issues you are experiencing with them. "

The knowledge-base link said this:

" By default, PHP has register_globals switched off.

Our Windows, SSL and Linux servers since activated 22.09.06 have register_globals set to off.

Linux servers activated before 22.09.06 have register_globals on. However, we may switch register_globals off in the future. "

I searched PHP Info for register_globals - This is OFF - would this be my problem and how can I get around this? I have read elsewhere that creating and uploading a file/ folder called htdocs with instructions to relax the way error messages are reported to me is one possible way - does anyone know anything about this and where to upload this htdocs file/ folder?

I have emailed Fasthosts again today and asked if they could enable register_globals - I won't hold my breath so I need a work around - can anyone help?

UPDATE:- It would seem that despite the error messages appearing (as above), I can actually upload images but only in Internet Explorer!! I normally use Firefox and this won't let me scroll through the popup window, past the error messages and to the upload images box! I would still like to know how I can get rid of these messages!!

Regards