Google Checkout payment logo, how and where do i add the code ?

Guest cdtronix

Guest cdtronix

HI

Successfully installed the google checkout mod from Rob on my version 3.015 cubecart and all seems to be working fine. did a couple of test payments and i got them. i havent properly enabled it on my site yet as waiting for SSL certs to be installed (tonight hopefully my provider says)

Anway i got an email from Google saying

Hello Dylan,

During our recent review, we found that you have processed at least one

transaction through Google Checkout. However, we were unable to locate

Google Checkout buttons or Buy Now buttons on your website. You must place

Google Checkout buttons or Buy Now buttons on your website in accordance

with our program policies

(https://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html) in order to be eligible

to display Google Checkout badges on your AdWords ads.

In order to inform prospective buyers that you accept Google Checkout, you

may only display a Checkout logo on your website as specified here:

https://checkout.google.com/seller/acceptan...s.html?hl=en_GB.

blah blah blah

so i got the code here for the checkout buttons as i dont want to use the buy now buttons but just need to know what file and where do i add this code so it shows the google checkout logo/link under my continue buttons at basket stage. (i do also have the coupon mod installed which is direclty below the contiunue button, so probably needs to go under that)

https://checkout.google.com/buttons/checkou...t&loc=en_GB

ive tried various places within styleTemplates/content/gateway.tpl but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas please ?

Hi,

as this concerns a 3rd party mod, you'll get a better reply from the author, or in www.cubecartforums.org

It sounds like a mis-understanding on Googles Part- or you've got your CG account set for BuyNow type buttons, rather than full integration.

However, chat to the Mod author who should be able to help.

Jason

Guest webicon

Hi - I've had the same 'issue'...

Its not anything to do with the mod as such - more to do with the way Google wants you to process the transaction - they want the customer to be able to 'choose' not to checkout with you (i.e not register at your siteand instead go direct to them with the cart contents) .

At present I do not use this feature because I WANT customers to register on my site.

This message from Google DOESN'T prevent you carrying out transactions - just they dont allow you to have the little Google Checkout logo appear next to your adwords until this has been sorted.

Note: on one customers site I just put the Logo (no code behind it - just the logo) in the index.tpl leftcol and they lifted the restriction...and immediately the logos started showing up on the adwords again!

ps. I can see that Google checkout is fully integrated into the upcoming version 4 allowing customers this 'alternate checkout'. I think I'm happy enough to wait until this comes out given that the mod is happily working and is not 'losing' me any sales....

Guest cdtronix

Hi - I've had the same 'issue'...

Its not anything to do with the mod as such - more to do with the way Google wants you to process the transaction - they want the customer to be able to 'choose' not to checkout with you (i.e not register at your siteand instead go direct to them with the cart contents) .

At present I do not use this feature because I WANT customers to register on my site.

This message from Google DOESN'T prevent you carrying out transactions - just they dont allow you to have the little Google Checkout logo appear next to your adwords until this has been sorted.

Note: on one customers site I just put the Logo (no code behind it - just the logo) in the index.tpl leftcol and they lifted the restriction...and immediately the logos started showing up on the adwords again!

ps. I can see that Google checkout is fully integrated into the upcoming version 4 allowing customers this 'alternate checkout'. I think I'm happy enough to wait until this comes out given that the mod is happily working and is not 'losing' me any sales....

i have it intergrated fine and it all works, ie when someone goes to payment options they can choose it if they want to use goolge/paypal and it all works ok.

it is just as mentioned above that google emailed me saying that i need to include the logo next to the checkout, if all they do is not asign it to your adwords then im not really bothered, i'll stick the logo in the middle of my homepage and see if that keep thems quiet, its not a major crisis as long as google dont stop me making transactions via them cause of this.