Problem moving the copyright please help

Hey all,

First off let me say that cubecart is by far the easiest system i have tested for both usage and skinning and is a great product.

Even though it is the easiest lol i am having a small issue with moving the copyright message.

The site is here http://www.pearlaromatherapy.co.uk/shop/ and as you can see the copyright message is below the footer text on my skin.

Any ideas on how i can move that up to my footer?

Thanks in advance

Guest webicon

Within terms of license - you are only allowed the change the css of the copyright notice (http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=10995) - You should be able to achieve what you want using css - edit in style.css ....

You know Cubecart isn't expensive compared to other software - perhaps consider buying a license which will remove the copyright altogether ?

I will only be changing the css but i want to move it so it fits within my footer.

I wouldnt even think about purchasing it until it works exactly as i want it to. The way the copyright is set up at the moment isnt very good for us trying to skin it and in my opinion would put some skinners off from supporting it.

I myself will be reconsidering using it and making skins for it if it doesnt work how i want it too.

I basically want to move the complete copyright so it looks better and within my footer

Guest webicon

it should be possible to style the copyright and footer in your css sheet so that the copyright sits up and looks part of your footer...

Well thanks for your help but i did it another way.

I styled the current copyright to have white links and text so essentially hidden and added the copyright into my footer.

Not an ideal solution and something cubecart should look at in the future.

The current copyright has been made so that it sits outside of the skin so if you had a footer image the copyright would then be underneath it. Making it invisible is against the licensing terms and this is something Devillion frowns upon and it could get you in some hot water.

The copyright in its current place does not affect skinning CubeCart in any way, shape or form. Skinning CubeCart is what i do for a living so if you cant skin around it then that is down to your own issues as a designer but in the mean time please work within the licensing terms :wacko:

Got out of the bed the wrong side this am?

I havent broken the TOS as the copyright is fully intact. I have made the original hidden but the exact copyright is still there.

The copyright in its current place DOES affect skinning CubeCart obviously as i wouldnt have posted my question if it didnt. Please dont try the big designer routine with me as ive been there, done that.

Btw, the designer designs the site and the coder / developer skins ;)

Are you blind or are you just ignoring the actual copyright we have to display?

:wacko: i seen your skins and your not one to comment on anybodies designs mate. Amateur at very best but this isnt a competition luckily for you.

Bottom line is...Copyright is intact as it needs to be. Problem solved..This topic can be closed as solved now

I believe in testing a system properly b4 buying btw.

If somebody from the cmpany wants to ask me to replace the copyright then thats fine but i am sure even they will be happy with how it is

yup, would be quite bad if somebody complained about free designs :wacko:

Btw my site http://www.getskinned.co.uk/forum has over 11,000 people that would disagree with you ;)

I fully appreciate copyright rules which is why it is all there fully intact. Are you trying to say that it is breaking the rules? If so why?

Btw...Its queue not cue unless your planning to play snooker whilst reporting me

As seen in the CubeCart license agreement at http://www.cubecart.com/site/faq/license.php

You are NOT permitted to:

# modify and/or remove any copyright notices or labels on the software on each page and in the header/footer and output html of each source file. This includes "(Powered by CubeCart)" in the browser title and "Powered by CubeCart ©Devellion Limited" page footer. This may only be done if a license key has been purchased. [ more info ]

I think thats pretty clear.

Whilst you are retaining the message, you have changed the code.

To be honest, you didn't need to move the message to test the software, knowing that it will be automatically removed if a licence fee is paid.

My personal feeling is that you've had to move (or clone) it, but you've kept it as prominent at the other links on the page - so you've not hidden or obscured the message in any way, so no harm done.

However, to follow the letter of the license agreement, you're wrong, and I can't really see how moving the copyright message will help you test the software.

Jason

moving the copyright doesnt help me test the software.

I dont want to test the software with a copyright message below the rest of my footer so thats why i needed it there. The store will be used live for a while and if we like it then we would purchase a license but not to remove the copyright.

We believe in supporting open source.

I dont believe that what i have done is wrong as per the TOS either as it is fully there at the bottom of the page in all of its entirety. Thanks for your reply :wacko:

The reason we want to test a system out is that we get a lot of requests for ecommerce sites which we usually shy away from but we are looking for an ideal solution that suits our business.

This is a great deal for cubecart because it would mean much more license purchases so please do not put us down as a bunch of misers.

We believe in supporting open source.

Just to clarify - CubeCart is not Open Source, but I know what you mean.

I tested CC for a few weeks before purchasing my 1st licence, I'm very happy with the community and level of 3rd party services.

I hope you are able join in the community, here and on the other sites.

Jason

Sorry :wacko: i meant free.

I am already happy with the script but we have to put it through some testing before deciding that cubecart is the ideal solution.

Thanks for the friendly approach its much appreciated