What does [email protected] mean?

Guest fullt

Guest fullt

I hate to show my ignorance (again!), :wacko: but I just recieved an email sent to CC Admin as an order, but the email was from [email protected] and the address was 123 test st. No money was in my Paypal account although the email said it was paid for via Paypal (my store's only payment option).

What does [email protected] mean? I searched Google but the answers didn't make sense.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my store's default email is plainly listed on the Contact page. I've been trying to find a mailform to use and any suggestions for mailforms would be appreciated. Thanks (again). ;)

Guest valencia

I hate to show my ignorance (again!), ;) but I just recieved an email sent to CC Admin as an order, but the email was from [email protected] and the address was 123 test st. No money was in my Paypal account although the email said it was paid for via Paypal (my store's only payment option).

What does [email protected] mean? I searched Google but the answers didn't make sense.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my store's default email is plainly listed on the Contact page. I've been trying to find a mailform to use and any suggestions for mailforms would be appreciated. Thanks (again). :)

Since you cannot buy without entering details on your site, then if I just wanted total order cost or want to see how an order is made before I actually buy, I may not want to enter my real information. So I can enter my order details as:

Name: why care

email: [email protected]

address: 1234 abce st

12345, USA

I get these "orders" :wacko: at least twice per month- I simply delete them. Sometimes the customer does come back and sign up and complete a real order. :D

If you have asked for support on the forums, or if someone just wants to see how your website order process works, they can enter any email address and other information they want just for the purpose of getting say- order process or shipping costs.

Normally, it is nothing to worry about and I simply delete it from my admin orders. However it would be good to do period checks in your logs for overall safety :)

Guest fullt

Whew! That's a big relief! :cry: Thanks for the reply and I'll take your advice about the checking the log once I'm up and running full speed. Thanks again! :)