Transfer from osComm to CubeCart

Guest fleer_allstar

Guest fleer_allstar

Hello,

Is anyone capable of assisting me. I need some one to convert my osCommerce database to a CubeCart database. Is that possible? It is a store with 200 products but I don't want to have to re-type all product descriptions. Is there a way to import it. Can someone with little or no database knowledge do it? Or is anyone with database knowledge (MySql) able to do it for me?

I ventured away after the CC .12 update I have opened a new store and for a change I tried OSC....I don't like it and want to go back to CubeCart...I feel it is a better set up and easier to configure!

You should be able to export the product inventory table from OSc into a csv file.

From that, you will be able to create a CSV file that you can import into the CubeCart inventory table.

This will require use of myPHPAdmin.

If you only need products imported (ie you'll manually create categories), this is a pretty straight forward task.

You will need a spreadsheet program - OpenOffice works great at creating CSV files.

Jason

There is a bit more to it than vokf has stated. CubeCart uses no less than three separate tables to store your inventory. All three must be updated properly in order for things to work as they should. There are a couple of tutorial-type writeups out there that might help. There are also 3rd party mods that may be available to help in your situation.

;)