Database

Guest markus40

Guest markus40

Hi Fellow Forumers

Am in dire straits and need help, I had some problems with my server so I backed up the database with all info on, then I uninstalled Cubecart and then reinstalled it, so now I need to point the database to cubecart, because at the moment although I have restored it back to the server cubecart is not looking at it, can anyone help me please am so desperate

regards

mark

Hi,

Do you have a back-up of the database?

How did you uninstall CubeCart? If you installed using Fantasico, and then uninstalled using Fantasico, you'll need to use your backup database. If you don't have a backup, its bad news (unless your hosting company keeps a backup)

Please give us more info?

-Can you see the database (ie in myPHPAdmin)

-Do you have a control panel with your hosting (Plesk/cPanel?)

-Do you have a back-up file of the database/account

Sorry I can't help much more, but you need to supply more info.

Jason

Guest markus40

Hi Jason

Yes I did do a back up of the database, I used my server to back it up, this was then saved on my hard drive, I uninstalled cubecart using the server, basically when I took out the hosting cubecart was one of the softwares that was available as addons/extras, so I installed it using this feature too, I have looked in myphpadmin and the database is there, when I click onto the database all the relevant files pops up so is this good news or not if it is how and what do I need to do, bless you for helping me

regards

Mark

Hi,

Do you have a back-up of the database?

How did you uninstall CubeCart? If you installed using Fantasico, and then uninstalled using Fantasico, you'll need to use your backup database. If you don't have a backup, its bad news (unless your hosting company keeps a backup)

Please give us more info?

-Can you see the database (ie in myPHPAdmin)

-Do you have a control panel with your hosting (Plesk/cPanel?)

-Do you have a back-up file of the database/account

Sorry I can't help much more, but you need to supply more info.

Jason