bypassing the "choose your method of payment" page

Guest Mary Ann

Guest Mary Ann

I would like to bypass the page that offers customers the choice of preferred payment... I recently did a shopping cart and we only accept PayPal....

customers who don't have PayPal might be confused when they need to click on PayPal as their preferred method of payment.. I would like to eliminate that page and go directly to PayPal.

I think I knew this info (or found it) sometime last year, but I did not keep the instructions. I tried to use the Search feature, but I wasn't sure how to word my search request.

any help would be appreciated (and, this time, I'll keep the instructions)

thanks in advance.

This was in the old Cubecart.org/downloads site... Back up the files before you tweak them, and obviously test it.

Here is another fix, I put on my cart. This will eliminate the screen that allows the user to select their payment method. In my case, I only have one payment method I want them to use (Paypal Direct Payment) so this screen is unecessary and confusing for the customer. Also, I have no idea what the purpose of the "Your comments" box is.....once again, unecessary and confusing for the customer.

The fix is easy. Edit this file:

cart\includes\content\gateway.inc.php

Around line 47, right after this line:

$gateway->assign("LANG_COMPLETE",$lang['front']['gateway']['complete']);

Add in this:

//permantently set the gateway variable here to avoid the "select a payment method screen"

$_POST['gateway'] = "DirectPayment";

You can use this fix to automatically select any payment method. In the added line just change "DirectPayment" to "Whichever gateway you want to use"

To find the correct name to put there, browse to:

cart\modules\gateway

and use the name of the folder of the gateway you want automatically selected.

Regards,

Brian

Hope this helps,

Jason

Guest Mary Ann

it worked perfectly... thank you very much

This was in the old Cubecart.org/downloads site... Back up the files before you tweak them, and obviously test it.

Here is another fix, I put on my cart. This will eliminate the screen that allows the user to select their payment method. In my case, I only have one payment method I want them to use (Paypal Direct Payment) so this screen is unecessary and confusing for the customer. Also, I have no idea what the purpose of the "Your comments" box is.....once again, unecessary and confusing for the customer.

The fix is easy. Edit this file:

cart\includes\content\gateway.inc.php

Around line 47, right after this line:

$gateway->assign("LANG_COMPLETE",$lang['front']['gateway']['complete']);

Add in this:

//permantently set the gateway variable here to avoid the "select a payment method screen"

$_POST['gateway'] = "DirectPayment";

You can use this fix to automatically select any payment method. In the added line just change "DirectPayment" to "Whichever gateway you want to use"

To find the correct name to put there, browse to:

cart\modules\gateway

and use the name of the folder of the gateway you want automatically selected.

Regards,

Brian

Hope this helps,

Jason