Using CubeCart as a quote system

Guest Zed

As per thread title I would like to look at the possibilities of using CubeCart as a quoting system.

We currently re-sell a range of consumables that have six main categories. These will be handled in the normal way through a payment gateway.

We would also like to showcase a very large product range but typically our clients buy on a tender agreement and so a price per item will not be shown. Instead, the products may be browsed and selected as per normal in the cart, and at the checkout stage no payment gateway will be used. User details will still be required to process the cart contents, which will be sent as an email to our sales team.

At that point the quote will be manually processed with varying discounts applied based as much on the type of customer as the size of their order and quantity of individual items.

Ideally using the cart for a quoting system would process no visible price to the customer but would include item pricing in the cart completion email, sent to sales.

I hope I've described that properly.

Has anyone ever attempted anything like this with CubeCart ?

I'll be spending some time in a couple of weeks looking at the possibilities of a code rework with additional database fields to suit requirements, but it would be a great help to know whether this has already been done (or not).

Many thanks all.

Answered my own question.

I used the "Postal Order Form" processing method as my basis and wrote some code to automatically forward the contents to an email address and load a "Thank you" page within the main site.

Hacked the templates and core files to remove all instances of price and running totals and now I have a cart that stores the price per item but does not display it, but that calculates it all for the "Postal Order Form" processing for our sales team.

I'll write an include to inject the "Postal Order Form" contents into the database for future recall and for running trend stats and similar.

A bit more work to make things a little slicker then some testing and I'll be done. Took a few hours this morning once I had the time to sit and get to grips with the underlying system.

Cheers anyway for those who viewed the original question.

Guest eric47905

I like that you were able to answer your own question here. I was going to recommend checking at .org because I know that your no prices solution is a mod that exits. We aren't allowed to discuss mods here so for anyone else they will just have to go over there and search.

... But, You might think about looking into posting your fix as a free mod over at cubecart.org, so that if others are looking for the same thing it would benefit them as well.

Doing things like that help this community grow and prosper!