Text Link Question ??

Guest judek

Guest judek

I know I can insert a link into text but is there a way to make that text link download a .jpg to the desktop without leaving the current page that the user is downloading the .jpg file from?

I sell printing and want the customer to be able to download a template file which is the .jpg to their desktop without ever leaving the page that they are downloading from (ie: which is any one of the item pages that have the template download link)

Thanks in Advance for any Help!

Create a new directory for your image and create a file named .htaccess inside the directory (do not place this file in your site root...).

Edit the file, and add the line;

AddType application/octet-stream .jpg

Save and upload.

Place your jpgs in that directory, and you'll have to manually link to the file <a href="/yourjpgdir/file.jpg>Download</a>

Jason

Create a new directory for your image and create a file named .htaccess inside the directory (do not place this file in your site root...).

Edit the file, and add the line;

AddType application/octet-stream .jpg

Save and upload.

Place your jpgs in that directory, and you'll have to manually link to the file <a href="/yourjpgdir/file.jpg>Download</a>

Jason

:) Thank You Jason. It works! Cheers!