Thumbnails keep re-generating?

Hi Everyone

Well - thumbnails are going great! only problem is,,,,,,

I'm now making my own thumbnails and uploading via ftp, > but noticed that when i go into CC3 admin and go into the individual product to edit amounts and/or go and add product options etc. and click on save. The thumbnails seems to re-generate and therefore i'm left with a static thumbnail again! so i have to manually again upload the thumbnail.

Does anyone know if there is some type of tweaking i can do to cubecart for this not to happen?

Please let me know

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Antz :)

Hi

I'm still having this problem. I was wondering is the file i should be looking at so to tweak the way the thumbnails re-generate every time i make any changes to the admin for the product eg. changing product options, or adding description text etc. Would the file be gd.inc.php?

Please please i soooo need to stop this from happening as its a huge job when i have to change something on the product.

Cheers

Hi Everyone!

Well after much "deep searching" i found the answer.

As per one of Sir Williams past reply post i did the following:

Disabled GD to N/A in admin

Went to public_html>Admin>Includes>Products

and commented out this from the index.php

/*// if image is a JPG check thumbnail doesn't exist and if not make one

$imageFormat = strtoupper(ereg_replace(".*\.(.*)$","\\1",$_POST['imageName']));

if($imageFormat == "JPG" || $imageFormat == "JPEG" || $imageFormat == "PNG" || ($imageFormat == "GIF" && $config['gdGifSupport']==1)){

if(file_exists($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$_POST['imageName'])){

@chmod($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$_POST['imageName'], 0775);

unlink($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$_POST['imageName']);

}

$thumb=new thumbnail($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/".$_POST['imageName']);

$thumb->size_auto($config['gdthumbSize']);

$thumb->jpeg_quality($config['gdquality']);

$thumb->save($GLOBALS['rootDir']."/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_".$_POST['imageName']);

}*/

Thought i'd post it here as well in case someone came across the same problem

I am now able to manually do my own thumbnails and CC will not re-generate when i make changes in the product in CC admin.

Thanks