Re-indexing categories?

Hi all. Getting closer to launch my new costume store (at www.cosplaycostumecloset.com) and basically cloned my clothing site that has a ton of costumes and accessories I want to keep on the new site. So far, so good. Editing the new site to look the way I want, etc.

Now the problem. I had exported the database from the clothing store and imported it into a new database for the costume store. Except for my having to copy images over yet (which I expected), all is well. I'm going thru and deleting the products I don't want in the costume site - also no problem.

However, in the categories list, all the products count still show under the category I want to delete which is preventing me from deleting it. The products are NOT actually in the database, but the store THINKS they are still in the categories and won't let me delete them.

Also it's not updating the categories in the navigation on the site - ones I've renamed or made top level in the costume site are still showing under the old category when I look at the home page. New ones I add aren't showing either.

I'm thinking the problem is the category index is not updating but is there a way to rebuild this? I have more than 50 categories. Or maybe something else?

Any ideas?

Mysty, it should have fixed the issue. The categories.inc.php script should be using the same count that admin does. If it's not, then there's something more going on than meets the eye. Dig into it. :)

:(