Few question's

northwalesinks

Hi.

I got few questions here.

One of my friends was asking me tonight, Should he wait for V4 before he buys cubecart or not!.

In Cubecart V4 their will few mods which where sold extra for V3. One of my queestion is sold i buy add-on mods for V3 or upgrade to V4 when it comes out. As mods which have been built in V4 Cubecart are their better than add-on mods for V3 eg say Coupons / Gift Certificates

Guest webicon

Well, PERSONALLY - I would wait for version 4.

In fact, I have updates ready to go myself but instead of upgrading the current site I'm hanging on for the release of V4.

Provided you are willing to pay the license fee (see: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....howtopic=29080) I think it is definately worth waiting for.

I install the following on my sites

-Estelle return to basket

-Estelles Javascript swap images

-Goobers Coupons/gift certificates mod

-Google Base Fix

- Google Checkout

- sort categories

which can make upgrading a complete pain in the mouse-clicking finger (not to mention that some are paid-for mods).

These are all built into version 4 and I'm very much looking forward to using the new cubecart.

Obviously, if you dont want to wait - or pay the fee there is nothing wrong with using the current version and adding mods. But give some thought to how you will make future improvements and upgrades...

Guest Brivtech

I have a queue of customers waiting for e-commerce websites, and I've been holding them back with a whip and chair, because I believe cc4 is the way to go. Even though my cost increases from the additional license fee, I believe it's worth it, with the new features it offers, better programming structure, and potential new feature releases and updates that'll be following in due course with 4.1. It's an ideal framework to build other value-added applications through, something that cc3 does, but not quite as well.

It's not long to wait for the release, could be sooner than you think:

- Security audit : DONE

- Translations : DONE (Well, most of them apparently)

So, at the moment, I can picture in my crystal ball that Al is sitting with his feet up on the desk, frantically typing numbers into a spreadsheet to get the best compromise on release price, while Martin is checking over the code for any final reported bugs, and checking over any sections of the security audit that may require code changes.

Those, are really the only things left to complete before we get a release version that's ready for live use. I can't see that taking all that long, especially that the security audit came back with a very positive light. Al's proposed release date estimate was for the beginning of September, looks like we're definetly on track for that. Who knows, could even be sooner - Could be wishful thinking, but Al is always full of surprises.